Which Motherboard With WIFI should I pick for Ryzen 2 gen?

Solution
Not really "a lot".

The problem is, people will rant & rave about a problem (or perceived "problem") whereas nobody really heads back to Newegg et al to praise a board.

Looking at Newegg "reviews" - there's only 7.
1. BIOS needs work. 2x RMAs that worked for a couple of dats. Software is poor.

2. Voltage limitations

3. Potentially a defective board

4. Poor BIOS, poor software

5. Issues with Wifi

6. Poor BIOS

7. Wifi issues, but likes the software

So, across the 7 "reviews" the common 'complaints' are:
* A poor BIOS interface/voltage options. BIOS updates should improve the OCing options, but the interface/useability of a Gigabyte BIOS is pretty well known at this point. It does what it should, but it's not exactly...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Not really "a lot".

The problem is, people will rant & rave about a problem (or perceived "problem") whereas nobody really heads back to Newegg et al to praise a board.

Looking at Newegg "reviews" - there's only 7.
1. BIOS needs work. 2x RMAs that worked for a couple of dats. Software is poor.

2. Voltage limitations

3. Potentially a defective board

4. Poor BIOS, poor software

5. Issues with Wifi

6. Poor BIOS

7. Wifi issues, but likes the software

So, across the 7 "reviews" the common 'complaints' are:
* A poor BIOS interface/voltage options. BIOS updates should improve the OCing options, but the interface/useability of a Gigabyte BIOS is pretty well known at this point. It does what it should, but it's not exactly as user friendly as, say ASUS' offerings.

* Potential defective boards - the guys with 2x RMAs is unlikely.... probably more user error than anything else. One may have gotten a lemon, but still recommends the board!

* Wifi issues. Potentially user error, potentially a driver problem. Nothing appears to be at a hardware level.

So, you have people who don't like the BIOS - where a simple review of almost ANY modern(ish) Gigabyte board would've told them what they were getting into. Or a defective board, which is possible from any vendor, no matter how good their QC. The Wifi issues, I don't know...... but I doubt there's wholesale issues with the Wifi for the board.

Solution