Which motherboard would replace an Asus P6T V2?

dwane_16

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
Mine actually caught fire a few weeks ago and their RMA department decided it was customer damage, lol.

So im going to do business with another manufacturer now...but which?

I am running an i7 920, have G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL7T-6GBPK, and a Radion HD5850 video card.

So what brand and model should i purchase for my existing components to be as future-proof as possible at this time?

dwane_16

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
Asus wants me to pay them $170.80 for a new board (with shipping waived).
Do you think they still have the P6T V2 or would they send me a newer board?

I see some poor reviews on Gigabyte too...
Do you think I would be better off going against my better judgement and paying Asus or drop them all together?

Any other suggestions?

ASUS usually produces solid equipment, but if I were in your shoes, I'd definitely explore after that experience.

I've been running my Gigabyte board for the last 2+ years without incident. Have you used Gigabyte boards in the past? There will always be people who've had bad experiences, but most who've had good experiences won't necessarily post anything.

At this point, there are no brands I'd choose other than Gigabyte and ASUS.

I have one 865 ASUS board that has been running since 2004 with a prescott 2.8 GHz processor in it. I actually might be decommisioning it soon but it still runs like a dream.

Actually, I have 5 PCs with ASUS boards (865PE through H61 none of which have failed). My hardcore gaming machine is in my signature and is a Gigabyte.

Short story long... Just saying you should probably consider the Gigabyte.

dwane_16

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
Yes I had a P6T deluxe V2 before it caught fire.
I don't know much about features honestly....I built the system off of several recommendation here because I don't know any better.