Which MX card is the best???

G

I'm having trouble choosing my new graphics card.... I'm thinking of either Creatives Geforce2 MX 32 MB DDR or the 3D Prophet II MX 32 MB SD. The core and RAM speeds are much higher on Creatives than on the Prophet but they only run at 64 bit. Is there anyone who has some experience with this?

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Out of the 2 listed options, but I'd recommend an Asus card.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

G

Hands down the Hercules card is the best MX out there. Reason? It has 183mhz memory vs. the usuall 166mhz. Memory is what hampers the MX's performance. No offense to arrow, but I think he's accidentally spilt some solvents on the floor. :) Personally I would recommend spending a bit more on a GF2 GTS with 32-meg DDR. It can be had for $160 and will offer far supperior performance and will have a much longer lifespan.

As for creative's card, it seems to stink. 64-bit DDR is a real gimmic. Clock for clock 128-bit SDR seems to be a fair bit faster. I wasn't aware of creative's core speed advantage, but memory makes a much larger difference.

G

I'm running a Hercules GF2MX with Det3 (6.31) drivers from nVidia on Win2K and it works perfectly. I had to add 128Mo PC133 CL2 of main memory (from Crucial) though for Unreal Tournament to run smoothly.

If you're really in to 3D games, I suggest your get a more powerful card than this one (GF2Ultra, for example).

- Better go Green than Blue!

G

I should have read these posts before I bought the CreativeLabs Annihilator2MX card. Although a great improvement from my last card it does have some problems. I see seams on the backgrounds, and white flashes and streaks during MW4 startup screens. But what really gets me is NO DR@IVERS on the CrLabs graphic webpage. I did run into probs using the Detonator drivers. I will try them once more if they do not work I am returning this card (thanks only to BestBuy's return policy) and exchanging it +20 bucks for the Hercules GF2 MX card. At least I can get updated drivers for that.