which notebook to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

RALIKA

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2005
I play eq2 and world of warcraft. Which notebook should i get? Amd or intel? Where should i get it from?(dell,alienware,...) What processer speed?

thanks

MercilessDeadlyRaven

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
You dont need something that fast. If your aiming to save money, even something as low as a processor with 1.8-2.0 GH is probably more then enough. If you want something to insure you for awhile, aim for something higher. Another thing to look at is getting a tower. Its simply easier to overclock, and that makes something cheaper a few .1 GHZ faster. Just look into it. ^.^

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Umm, AMD/Intel is less important in a laptop for your use than the graphics card in it. Get a good graphics card and take the rest of the laptop that comes with it.

Mike.

sepuko

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
It'll be good if you can afford a sata HDD running at 7200rpm. There are several on the market. About the rest i agree with the written above.
Other thing is that you specify too little info about the needs and the budget you have for this machine+)

sepuko

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
5000$?! OMG this is a year and a half comfortable living here+)kidding
http://www.gamepc.com/shop/systemfamily.asp?family=noteb2 - the most powerfull but least portable notebook. Equipped with the 7200 sata i told you about will be perfect.
http://www.gamepc.com/shop/systemfamily.asp?family=noteb8 those are both portable and powerfull and energy efficient.
I'm giving you a basic idea about the components it should have. About the brand-Acer are reliable and cheaper than dell or alienware or ibm so try with them.

INeedCache

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
I would take a good, hard look at the Acer offerings. They do appear to offer most bang for the buck. You can even purchase an extended warranty out to 3 years that covers accidents as well for about $175. That's fairly cheap insurance, even though I think they're pretty good to start with. 8)

sepuko

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
No offence but that's money for nothing(except maybe the paintings on the lid of the notebook). I mean, that's a real waste. The good look has improved no machine's performance. Besides, I think both Acer and Fujitsu-Siemens make their machines stylish enough but they don't tax you for that. If you want good looking machine you can look at Acer's Ferrari series. Great look, but you pay almost only for the hardware inside, not for the brand:)

sepuko

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
You, poor creature, are consumed by the image of what surrounds you. Which obstructs you from seeng their true qualities. Or, maybe you're just going thru puberty. But that's offtopic.

sepuko

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
Selecting the 770 model would be just perfect, i just don't see the reason to give extra 300$ just for the lasy 130MHz more.
More. That's giving the wrong money just for the brand. Again. It's stupid. Go at www.gamepc.com -> http://www.gamepc.com/shop/custom.asp?rig=noteb5300

choose the 770 model for the CPU
+
2x1GB DDRII 533
+
make the hdd a 100GB 7200 rpm one
+
add a TV Tuner
+
and an Audigy2 ZS
+
and an 802.11G with bluetooth
+
and a Logitech G7 cordless mouse(best for gaming)
=
3 566$
Sound like a 770$ less than the Dell. I'd say paying less for a better machine is cool enough.

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
You, poor creature, are consumed by the image of what surrounds you. Which obstructs you from seeng their true qualities. Or, maybe you're just going thru puberty. But that's offtopic.

What a laugh...considering this comment is in the middle of a thread about a guy willing to spend $5000 on a notebook to play games.

sepuko

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
I see no relevant comment from your side neither, my friend. Maybe i should laugh a little bit to your foolish quote too=]]] But that's offtopic as i wrote in the post you quoted=]

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
Laughing is free, less work than frowning, and never off topic. :mrgreen:

If we can't laugh at ourselves, somebody else will...

Status
Not open for further replies.