Which Notebook?

Far various reasons, my next pc is going to be a notebook. My budget is
~1200 (ukp) inc. vat, p+p, case, etc.

I still wish to occasionally enjoy video editing and I therefore appreciate
I will (almost certainly) have to invest in an external hard drive. As I
have never bought a notebook pc before can anyone recommend a suitable model
currently available? If you are not able to make specific recommendations
can you highlight things to be aware of?

I will obviously be using the pc for many other activities other than video
editing but I figured if the pc was up to video editing it would be more
than powerful enough for my other needs.that's why I put this post in this
forum.

Any help appreciated.

"Tony Maddocks" <zen28233xxx@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
> Far various reasons, my next pc is going to be a notebook. My budget is
> ~1200 (ukp) inc. vat, p+p, case, etc.
>

> I still wish to occasionally enjoy video editing and I therefore
appreciate
> I will (almost certainly) have to invest in an external hard drive. As I
> have never bought a notebook pc before can anyone recommend a suitable
model
> currently available? If you are not able to make specific recommendations
> can you highlight things to be aware of?
>

> I will obviously be using the pc for many other activities other than
video
> editing but I figured if the pc was up to video editing it would be more
> than powerful enough for my other needs.that's why I put this post in this
> forum.

In the U.K., the Compal CL-50 (recently replaced by the CL-56) appears to be
a popular choice.
I have one here in the U.S.
It is an excellent machine.
The architecture of all Centrino notebooks is virtually identical.
One nice thing about the Centrino chipset is that the Firewire and USB ports
are on different busses, so you can capture directly to an external hard
drive.

TRENDING THREADS