Which number is the serial number on Kingston RAM?

seeingeyegod

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
Hello, I'm troubleshooting something and Intel wants to know the serial number of my RAM, which is really stupid because there are 8 DIMMs here and I'm only using one to tbshoot with, so I guess they want the S/N off that specific stick. Of course there are like 5 different strings of numbers besides the type of RAM (KVR13R9D4/8i) and I have no idea which is the S/N. I don't see "S/N" anywhere. Looked this up on google and it pointed me to kingstons specs of this RAM, which has no mention of it having a serial number anywhere. Any idea which string of numbers/letters is the actual S/N?

Solution
From the sounds of it you are using individually purchased sticks, and there's no guarantees when mixing DRAM from different packages.

Ask them which number they want or send all the numbers from the label - the serial # can provide a great deal of info, notable what production run it came from, which will also identify the SPD program version, ICs, PCB and even the lot of solder used

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
From the sounds of it you are using individually purchased sticks, and there's no guarantees when mixing DRAM from different packages.

Ask them which number they want or send all the numbers from the label - the serial # can provide a great deal of info, notable what production run it came from, which will also identify the SPD program version, ICs, PCB and even the lot of solder used

Solution