Which nvidia GTX 1060 will run with legacy BIOS?

Solution

The 3GB model is slightly slower than the 6GB version mainly due to fewer shaders and processing cores. Not to mention half the VRAM which can impact depth of settings.

That being said, there's not a big problem with most games at 1080p/60hz gaming using the 3GB model. I have/had both and the 3GB model never hindered me.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
You should be fine with that board and any PCIe x16 gfx card you want to use. PCI Express is a backward compatible interface. 3.0 cards work fine on 2.0 boards.
And UEFI BIOS cards will work on legacy BIOS boards from that era as well. I recently had my Evga GTX 1060 installed in my old AM2+ motherboard for some benchmark testing. That board is a heck of a lot older than yours.

Apr 16, 2018
Dear friends, thank you very much for your help! Yesterday I try to update BIOS to beta UEFI (last BIOS for my MBú and everything seems to be ok. Last question: is gtx 6GB much better then 3GB version? I have only full hd monitor and i5 2500k.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

The 3GB model is slightly slower than the 6GB version mainly due to fewer shaders and processing cores. Not to mention half the VRAM which can impact depth of settings.

That being said, there's not a big problem with most games at 1080p/60hz gaming using the 3GB model. I have/had both and the 3GB model never hindered me.

Solution