[SOLVED] which nvme to get?

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
hi guys

which nvme storage to get? is it still something like samsung brand to get? or another brand?

also, i have read somewhere that they can heat up alot. i have got good cooling system so im guessing i should be ok.

i am just trying to free up some space in my tower and since i have 2 spare nvme slot, i thought i might aswell use them.

many thanks

Solution
Do not worry much about m.2 overheating.
They monitor temperatures and will temporarily slow down to prevent damage if needed.
You would be subject to overheating only during sustained sequential processing of more than 30 seconds, like a virus scan, for instance.

Puget systems thinks highly of samsung:
Yes, you will pay a bit more for samsung.

A plus is easy conversion of your 1tb HDD windows C drive using the free ssd migration aid.
Instructions and app:

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
What are the rest of the specs of this system?
What do you use it for?
Budget?

But yes, its hard to go wrong with an applicable Samsung.
apologies, i didnt realize i had half of my pc specs missed out.

Mainboard: MSI MPG Z590 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX
Processor: Intel i5 11600
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 3600Mhz 16GB (2x8GB) RGB Gaming Memory Black
Power: Seasonic Focus GX-650 650W 80+ Gold Modular
Case: Phanteks ethoo pro m tempered glass
Hard Disk: Seagate 1TB
ssd: 256gb
hard disk: 2tb

budget would prob be around £100 or can stretch if needed.

i will mostly do web browsing and go on 2 facebook games.

many thanks

Pextaxmx

Reputable
Jun 15, 2020
If I were choosing one for 11 gen intel board, I would go for Corsair MP600..
(1) 149.99 (1Tb) at the moment. Considering the nice, effective heatsink pre-installed, the price is quite good.
(2) it is not whole lot faster than PCIE3 versions but you still feel good about taking advantage of PCIE4 speed...
(3) warranty TBW is significantly higher than others if that is what you care about

many thanks again

kinda torn between the samsung 970 evo plus and the Corsair MP600 .

they both look good!
If you can wait there are usually very good SSD deals on Black Friday. I would not be surprised if you find a 2TB of either of those for £130-£140. As you are UK based keep an eye on hotukdeals.com, people like posting SSD deals and I’ve had some cracking bargains.

Reactions: froggy8
They monitor temperatures and will temporarily slow down to prevent damage if needed.
You would be subject to overheating only during sustained sequential processing of more than 30 seconds, like a virus scan, for instance.

A plus is easy conversion of your 1tb HDD windows C drive using the free ssd migration aid.
Instructions and app:

Reactions: froggy8
Solution

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019

Instructions and app:
when i get a nvme then i will just do a clean install as i have already backed everything up.

many thanks for that