Which of these 2 monitors? (Or neither?)

Tigerbite

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2012
BenQ 27" http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014378

Gateway 27" http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009586

The BenQ is 2ms TN panel with 170/160 viewing angle.
The Gateway is 6ms "LG VA" panel with 178/178 viewing angle.

They're both 1080 (don't currently care about 4k atm). They seem decent and at a good price, which usually means something's wrong and I'm not up to date on the monitor lingo these days. :p

I currently have a 19". Most of my games are MOBAs or RPGs (don't play FPS on the PC). So I don't think I really need anything too hardcore. :)

Solution
Definitely the BenQ.

As BenQ is one of the more "top-class" companies that produces great products in quality and performance, this is more than what some of the specs are. Especially comparing to Gateway, who aren't bad, but since you have the choice, BenQ would be the better option.

For the BenQ:
-Better response time (2ms)
-Good Contrast Ratio
-DVI and HDMI
-More Trusted Company

For the Gateway
-Amazing contrast ratio

Me going from an old Compaq 60 hz 5 ms to a ASUS VG248QE 144hz 1ms, I can honestly say that the response time really helps with MMORPGs and other RPG type games.

Then again, it is your decision, but I hope I helped guide you to it. ^_^

GOM3RPLY3R

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Definitely the BenQ.

As BenQ is one of the more "top-class" companies that produces great products in quality and performance, this is more than what some of the specs are. Especially comparing to Gateway, who aren't bad, but since you have the choice, BenQ would be the better option.

For the BenQ:
-Better response time (2ms)
-Good Contrast Ratio
-DVI and HDMI
-More Trusted Company

For the Gateway
-Amazing contrast ratio

Me going from an old Compaq 60 hz 5 ms to a ASUS VG248QE 144hz 1ms, I can honestly say that the response time really helps with MMORPGs and other RPG type games.

Then again, it is your decision, but I hope I helped guide you to it. ^_^

Solution