Question Which of these gaming headsets would you choose?

Pavel Pokidaylo

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2013
Hello. I'm in need of a wireless gaming headset. I've been using a Sennheiser GSP 350 for a long time now and it's a very comfortable and lightweight headset but the wire tangles up several times a day. I also want the freedom that a wireless headset provides. I've ordered 6 headsets from Amazon to try out and I'll probably return 5 of them. Here is a list of what I ordered.

Razer Nari Ultimate
Sennheiser GSP 370
Corsair HS70
HyperX Cloud 2 Wireless
Razer BlackShark V2

I also ordered a Sennheiser Game One just to try it out but the sound is very low. Probably need an amp or whatever for it. It's also not wireless so.

The Nari Ultimate is just too much for me I think with the haptic feedback stuff.

I like the rest of them though. I'm not really sure which one is the most comfortable but I'm going to try and see if I can figure that out now.

As for sound quality I can't really tell the difference =/

The GSP is kinda familiar since I've had the GSP 350 and this GSP 370 battery also lasts 100 hours on a charge which is crazy.

I've always liked the Clouds sound quality, it has a clean sound with a little more bass than others. It's also comfortable I think.

I like the minimalistic look of the Corsair HS70 but I think it might be a bit heavy compared to the GSP that I'm used to.

No clue about the Razer BlackShark V2 Pro. I just tried it out once in Overwatch. Just another headset.

Need your help people!

Lutfij

Titan
Besides the Razer one's, I'd pick out either of the other 3 branded headsets. I tend to stay away from anything Razer since it's all hype and marketing, coupled together with sub par materials and they tend to fail in spectacular fashion either just before or after your warranty expires. FYI, wireless headsets don't need a DAC/amp since their tethering/charging dock is what transmits the audio.

Which leads me to ask, you sure you want to go for wireless audio? I'm old school and I prefer to have my audio hooked up to analog connections.

Pavel Pokidaylo

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2013
Besides the Razer one's, I'd pick out either of the other 3 branded headsets. I tend to stay away from anything Razer since it's all hype and marketing, coupled together with sub par materials and they tend to fail in spectacular fashion either just before or after your warranty expires. FYI, wireless headsets don't need a DAC/amp since their tethering/charging dock is what transmits the audio.

Which leads me to ask, you sure you want to go for wireless audio? I'm old school and I prefer to have my audio hooked up to analog connections.

Hey thanks for the reply man. Yea I wanna go wireless for two reasons. I don't want to have to take the headset off and put it back on every time I go get a drink or use the RR and I wanna be able to walk around and still talk to people. Also my GSP 350 wire isn't braided and gets tangled all the time so I have to unplug it and unwind it several times a day. As for Razer, I know they get a bad rep but I've only had two products from them. When the Microcenter opened here in Brooklyn they sent everyone a discount card so I went and bought a Deathadder mouse and blackwidow Keyboard. The keyboard lasted years but the center wheel on the mouse basically fell off after a few weeks. I sent it to Razer but they did not have any more of those Deathadders in stock they only had the Chroma versions now and at first they didn't want to send me the Chroma as it was a different product but I made them do it anyway and I'm still using that today and it's been like 8 years maybe more lol.