Which of these is the best?

dulix11

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2013
I'm planning to upgrade my ASRock Z77M to something better. Here are my choices:

- ASRock Z77 Extreme4
- MSI GD-65 Z77A
- ASUS Maximus V Gene
- ASUS Maximus V Extreme

My current CPU is an 3570k, I plan on overclocking it, not to high though, <4.5GHz.

Socket needs to be 1155, and support up to 2133MHz.

Please help!

I'd personally choose the ASUS Maximus Quote: 9.8 There can be no doubt that when it comes to overclocking, the ASUS Maximus V Extreme packs an incredible amount of features - more than any other similarly priced board. Making use of all these features does have its caveats, and taking full advantage of everything the board offers does require specific hardware, but you will not buy just any part when it comes to breaking records.
It quickly becomes clear that this isn't your standard board. Sure, you can grab a bunch of parts off of the shelf, install them, and have a decent platform for whatever you need, but the same can be said of many more affordable boards on the market. What the ASUS Maximus V Extreme really offers, however, is far more than I had imagined, which really illustrates that there is good reasons behind ASUS being a huge player of the global tech market well. The fact that they consistently end up on top when it comes to extreme clocking records obviously stems from great experience.
The ASUS Maximus V Extreme clearly draws on those years of experience, so much so that I really could not ask much more of it. Honestly, I had many issues with it at first, but overcoming them was definitely possible once I fully grasped what was going on. The truth of the matter is that this board can go so far reliably that problems due to other things immediately become evident. The ASUS Maximus V Extreme will become a big part of my testing platform, especially for memory reviews, since what it offers is sure to help me push whatever I want to the limit without the board holding me back. I'm so confident of this that I purchased a matching VGA for use with some of the functions I mentioned and tested. You'll be seeing more of this ASUS Maximus V Extreme. However, this VGA...well, that is a story for another day. Need some tips or ideas on overclocking this product? Let me know through the forums!Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/Maximus_V_Extreme/15.html But..... the MSI GD-65 Z77A is a good cheaper choice. Quote: The Bottom Line

The MSI Z77A-GD65 motherboard came through our testing and usage as being near perfect. There are very few issues we had with the board and those are minimal at best. The MSI Z77A-GD65 showed to be a solid overclocker exhibiting perfect stability even when put in less than favorable temperature conditions. The MSI Z77A-GD65 should certainly be on your short list if you are in the market for a new LGA1155 system. It is currently selling for $185 at Newegg with an extended 1 year warranty, and is selling for $185 at Amazon with Free Prime Shipping. Source: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/05/15/msi_z77agd65_lga1155_motherboard_review/7