[SOLVED] Which of these PSU choices is good for RTX 2080Ti or RTX 2080 Super.

Tito77

Commendable
Aug 19, 2019
Hi, I wanted to upgrade my PSU from 650w to 750w as I am getting new graphics card (either a 2080 Ti or 2080 Super).

The PSUs that are available for purchasing are below:
  1. CoolerMaster V750 (80+ Gold)
  2. Corsair RM750x (80+ Gold)
  3. Antec Earthwatts Pro 750 (80+ Gold)
  4. Gigabyte G750H (80+ Gold)

Can you guys suggest the best performing PSU from above which has the most performance & is less likely to have issues/ failures?

My Current System Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 - 8700K (No OC)
Motherboard: MSI Z730-A Pro
Memory: 2 x 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200Mhz DDR4
GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Ti Armor (No OC)
Case: Cooler Master MB500 Mid-tower
Case Fans: 4 x 120mm RGB fans & 1 x 120mm non-RGB fans connected.
PSU: Gigabyte P650B 80+ Bronze

Solution
Cooler Master V
Excellent PSU, but only comes with 5 year warranty whereas similar quality units have 10 (like the RMx)

Corsair RMx
Excellent PSU, 10 year warranty.

Antec Earthwatts Pro Gold
Excellent PSU, but only 7 year warranty as opposed to 10 of the RMx.

Gigabyte G750H
Good, not quite as good as the above (from my recollection) and only 5 year warranty.

In short, all great PSUs (bar the Gigabyte maybe, but i don't know too much about that one) but the RMx winds hands down on warranty, even if they are of the same quality.

If I had to pick an order:
  1. Corsair RMx
  2. Antec EW Pro
  3. CM V
  4. Gigabyte GH
Presumably other options are not available?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Cooler Master V
Excellent PSU, but only comes with 5 year warranty whereas similar quality units have 10 (like the RMx)

Corsair RMx
Excellent PSU, 10 year warranty.

Antec Earthwatts Pro Gold
Excellent PSU, but only 7 year warranty as opposed to 10 of the RMx.

Gigabyte G750H
Good, not quite as good as the above (from my recollection) and only 5 year warranty.

In short, all great PSUs (bar the Gigabyte maybe, but i don't know too much about that one) but the RMx winds hands down on warranty, even if they are of the same quality.

1. Corsair RMx
  2. Antec EW Pro
  3. CM V
  4. Gigabyte GH

Solution

Tito77

Commendable
Aug 19, 2019
…………………………………………………..

1. Corsair RMx
  2. Antec EW Pro
  3. CM V
  4. Gigabyte GH

Unfortunately these are the only good options available in my region currently.

I wanted to get an EVGA Supernova 750 G2 unit but unfortunately its not available in my region.

There are some local cheap quality 750w & some Thermaltake PSUs available. But I have had a very bad experience with Thermaltake & their customer support in the past, so not making a mistake of buying any Thermaltake product ever again. :)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Unfortunately these are the only good options available in my region currently.

I wanted to get an EVGA Supernova 750 G2 unit but unfortunately its not available in my region.

There are some local cheap quality 750w & some Thermaltake PSUs available. But I have had a very bad experience with Thermaltake & their customer support in the past, so not making a mistake of buying any Thermaltake product ever again. :)
That and Thermaltake also make a lot of junk. Especially the Smart series.

Tito77

Commendable
Aug 19, 2019
If available to you, also consider the Seasonic FOCUS and Seasonic PRIME models. They are of excellent quality as well. Long warranties, as well.

Unfortunately, there are no Seasonic PSUs available in my area at the moment. Some are available for purchase on Amazon but the sellers have jacked up the prices of those units by 3-4 times the actual price!

So, I have only the mentioned options. :(