[SOLVED] Which of these two monitors would you choose

Mar 1, 2021
I'm looking to upgrade to a 240hz monitor but wanted to ask opinions about pricing.

Is there any difference between these two monitors other than the price? I'm trying to figure out why someone would spend an extra $400 for the same refresh rate and specs. I have an opportunity to buy the Omen used for about $250.

Acer: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-XF250Q-...d=1&keywords=acer+240hz&qid=1615990361&sr=8-1
Omen: https://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Lighting-Adjustable-Management-4NK94AA/dp/B07V6R79H7

All input is appreciated, thanks!

Solution
Is there any difference between these two monitors other than the price?
the Acer uses AMD Freesync(with G-Sync compatibility).
while the HP uses an Nvidia G-Sync chip, you would have to verify if it offers AMD compatibility.

you can further compare the exact manufacturer product specs yourself;
HP Omen: X25
Acer: XF 250Q

I'm trying to figure out why someone would spend an extra $400 for the same refresh rate and specs. I have an opportunity to buy the Omen used for about $250.
anything with the HP Omen title just costs more than your average device for no real reason at all.

when buying any hardware used, make sure it has a decent warranty and\or return policy tied with it.
a lot of times these items are being...
Is there any difference between these two monitors other than the price?
the Acer uses AMD Freesync(with G-Sync compatibility).
while the HP uses an Nvidia G-Sync chip, you would have to verify if it offers AMD compatibility.

you can further compare the exact manufacturer product specs yourself;
HP Omen: X25
Acer: XF 250Q

I'm trying to figure out why someone would spend an extra $400 for the same refresh rate and specs. I have an opportunity to buy the Omen used for about $250.
anything with the HP Omen title just costs more than your average device for no real reason at all.

when buying any hardware used, make sure it has a decent warranty and\or return policy tied with it.
a lot of times these items are being sold because of noticeable physical defects or due to not functioning correctly.
i would make sure it has at the very least a 90 day warranty covering dead pixels and any other defects.

Solution