[SOLVED] Which of These Two SSD is Better?

drandy2019

Reputable
Dec 8, 2019
I've been trying to upgrade my current ssd card to a 2TB.
I have two choices I would like to get, but would love to know a bit more about it from one of you with lots of experience.

I do play a lot of games. I also do a lot of bruising and digital painting as well as 3D software and video editing.

WD Blue
Samsung 860 EVO

I do have another question.
Is it possible to transfer everything from my current SSD as well as the OS without having to install it from scratch or losing any files?

Solution
If choosing strictly between SATA SSDs, I'd suspect 99 out of 100 folks would likely choose the 860 EVO....(the remaining likely person rode the proverbial short bus)

Add the Crucial MX500 to your list of contenders, which pretty much matches anything the Samsung could do, but, barring an extreme sale on Samsung, is probably $40-$60 less for 2 TB samples......
If choosing strictly between SATA SSDs, I'd suspect 99 out of 100 folks would likely choose the 860 EVO....(the remaining likely person rode the proverbial short bus)

Add the Crucial MX500 to your list of contenders, which pretty much matches anything the Samsung could do, but, barring an extreme sale on Samsung, is probably $40-$60 less for 2 TB samples......

Solution