Which of these two video cards is better for gaming (Crysis 1)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piegoose

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Video Card 1: GeForce GTX 550 Ti
or
Video Card 2: Radeon HD 6850

I have a Crossfire motherboard, so would that make Radeon better because I think that allows me to upgrade with dual graphics cards. I'm just starting to learn a little about computers.
I am building this PC and using the pieces from this website to make a $600 budget build:
http://gamingrig.blogspot.com/
I was told that a Raeon HD 6850 was a better graphics card by a person there(you can see in comments, im 'Anonymous' close to bottom)<-- not important

Thanks for reading :D

Solution
the 6850 is superior in every way. Gives greater performance, uses less power. I just bought a 6850 and i can crank all details up on crysis with really smooth FPS. It doesnt need a crazy powerful PSU either. Im running it from a 470w thermaltake, which isnt a great PSU. A 600w antec/corsair/seasonic would be a much better option and allow you to power another 6850 for crossfire later on and a fast quad core cpu.
the 6850 is superior in every way. Gives greater performance, uses less power. I just bought a 6850 and i can crank all details up on crysis with really smooth FPS. It doesnt need a crazy powerful PSU either. Im running it from a 470w thermaltake, which isnt a great PSU. A 600w antec/corsair/seasonic would be a much better option and allow you to power another 6850 for crossfire later on and a fast quad core cpu.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS