which of these UPS should i get

bigjohnny

Reputable
May 20, 2016
im currently building mainly for gaming and im looking to get one of these UPS in case of power failures http://pcpartpicker.com/products/ups/#R=5

Build
Gigabyte ga h97m d3h(already have)
Antec earthwatts 650w 80+bronze(already have)
Seagate 1tb hard drive(already have)
Intel i5 4590 3.3ghz(already have)
Kingston hyperx fury blue 1600 16gb(2x8gb)
Corsair carbide 400q atx mid tower
Samsung 850 evo 250gb 2.5
Cryorig M9i
RX 480 8gb

Solution
Then get the highest VA rateing APC Backups + for your budget, and install Powerchute. Tinker, and configure it to your needs, and you'll be happy as a clam.
It depends on your budget, any should do. A UPS is meant to allow you time to save your work and safely shut down your computer in a black out. Some have smart functions that will do that when you are not there. They are only meant to run for a few minutes during a black out. If you are looking for something to power your computer thru the entire black out you don't need a UPS you need a generator.

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Get the one with the highest VA setting. That will give you the longest runtime on batteries. APC generally has better batteries, which means they will last longer (not necessarily when the UPS is running on battery) but overall longer life.

I have been using a apc back pro 1500 ups for many years without issue.

If you need to run for long times on battery power, look at the higher VA units.
OTOH, if all you need is graceful shutdown much less is needed.

The APC web site has a calculator to help decide.

And... APC has an app called powerChute that will monitor and record transient voltage outages and other stats.

bigjohnny

Reputable
May 20, 2016

i will be using it to shutdown safely