[SOLVED] Which of those two new geforce 3070 series 30 graphic cards should i buy?? Zotac GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge vs. MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ventus 2X OC

Solution
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Kerne(r), 4 Logisk(e) processor(er)
My monitor is 240 hz, 24.5 inches, 1920

Is this asus graphic card too long for my z87 motherboard?
The pcie socket is a standard length. Your case determines if the gpu will fit. At 1080p your cpu will significantly limit performance. If you want to get the most from a 3070 you will need a cpu/motherboard/RAM upgrade. Also if the psu is as old as the other components its probably time to upgrade that too.
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Kerne(r), 4 Logisk(e) processor(er)
My monitor is 240 hz, 24.5 inches, 1920

Is this asus graphic card too long for my z87 motherboard?
The pcie socket is a standard length. Your case determines if the gpu will fit. At 1080p your cpu will significantly limit performance. If you want to get the most from a 3070 you will need a cpu/motherboard/RAM upgrade. Also if the psu is as old as the other components its probably time to upgrade that too.

Solution
Oct 28, 2020

I need thunderbolt 2 and my motherboard support thunderbolt 2. I can upgrade my motherboard if i find a new one with thunderbolt support..
I can upgrade my psu..
I have 8 Ram, how much do you think i should upgrade to?
which cpu should i upgrade to?

I need thunderbolt 2 and my motherboard support thunderbolt 2. I can upgrade my motherboard if i find a new one with thunderbolt support..
I can upgrade my psu..
I have 8 Ram, how much do you think i should upgrade to?
which cpu should i upgrade to?
You should start a build thread, you are effectively building a new pc. What components you choose will largely be determined by budget. For high fps to go with the 240Hz monitor you want a very strong cpu though.

Oct 28, 2020
You should start a build thread, you are effectively building a new pc. What components you choose will largely be determined by budget. For high fps to go with the 240Hz monitor you want a very strong cpu though.

Ok, i will try to see how high my fps will be and then if it's not enough, then i upgrade CPU.
Will a better psu & higher ram help with FPS aswell?

Ok, i will try to see how high my fps will be and then if it's not enough, then i upgrade CPU.
Will a better psu & higher ram help with FPS aswell?
A psu does not help with fps but is a very important component that if it fails can damage other components if it fails. I wouldn't risk a new gpu on an old psu. Not having enough RAM can cause stuttering. However your system uses DDR3 while modern systems use DDR4, don't waste money buying DDR3.

Reactions: HelpMenow4
Oct 28, 2020
A psu does not help with fps but is a very important component that if it fails can damage other components if it fails. I wouldn't risk a new gpu on an old psu. Not having enough RAM can cause stuttering. However your system uses DDR3 while modern systems use DDR4, don't waste money buying DDR3.

This ram is on discount..

Crucial - DDR4 - 32 GB - DIMM 288-pin - registered
DDR4, 32 GB, DIMM 288-PIN, 3200 MHz / PC4-25600, CL22, 1.2 V, registered, ECC

Is this A GOOD choice?

Joseph_138

Distinguished
I've always liked Zotac for Nvidia based cards, although their AMP! Edition cards tend to run on the higher end of the power consumption range for whatever GPU you are looking at. My usual strategy is to find the highest clocked version of a particular card that still falls within the power envelope of a reference card. There are so many options to choose from that you can almost always find one or two cards that stand out by having a decent overclock without needing extra power connectors.