[SOLVED] Which one is better and what diffrences are between these two Intel CPU ?

Solution
I think this was mostly answer, but i'd get whats cheaper, and whilst the 9400 has a disabled graphic cards wich is indeed meaning 99.99% of the time, it could be indeed user for troubleshoot and one more thing: dual screens.

I was completely go for no igpu chips, in theory they could overclock better and run slightly if at all less hot, some rumors also that they could overclock a little bit better... who knows? but being an owner of the 4770k (the best processor of all galaxies) found its pretty neat to add a secondary cheap ass 17" monitor for keeping my browser open, extend workspace, sometimes i even watch netflix while gaming without any performance impact whatsoever (gpu wise! bear that in mind)

so in such occasions having an...
The 9400f has the igpu disabled, but 100 mhz higher boost clock. They should be simillar in performance, but if you care about the igpu go for the 8400... if you dont just get the newer 9400f, it should have the edge by a really small margin.

The integrated GPU is nice for debugging and troubleshooting issues, but unnecessary for 99% of the time if using a discrete GPU. 9400f is newer and slightly faster, but realistically there is little difference between the 8th generation and 9th generation chip other than disabled igpu. The 9400f is much cheaper, an incredible deal if you ask me, so I'd buy the 9400f if using a GPU.

Mar 2, 2019
The Core i5-9400F 6-Core and the Core i5-8400 6-Core are from the same family of CPUs, and thus their clock speeds are directly comparable. With this in mind, it is safe to say that with a 0.1 GHz faster base clock rate, the Core i5-9400F 6-Core manages to provide marginally better performance than the Core i5-8400 6-Core. What is more, the Core i5-9400F 6-Core also manages to eke 0.1 GHz higher frequency when being stressed by CPU-intensive applications.

I think this was mostly answer, but i'd get whats cheaper, and whilst the 9400 has a disabled graphic cards wich is indeed meaning 99.99% of the time, it could be indeed user for troubleshoot and one more thing: dual screens.

I was completely go for no igpu chips, in theory they could overclock better and run slightly if at all less hot, some rumors also that they could overclock a little bit better... who knows? but being an owner of the 4770k (the best processor of all galaxies) found its pretty neat to add a secondary cheap ass 17" monitor for keeping my browser open, extend workspace, sometimes i even watch netflix while gaming without any performance impact whatsoever (gpu wise! bear that in mind)

so in such occasions having an igpu can be kinky, but frankly, if it were cheaper as it's supposed to be, i'd pcik a 9400...

Solution
Okay so lets say that i wanna game on a pc or edit videos, should i need a igpu or should i go for the 9400f ?

if you wanna game, you need a dedicated graphics cards, meaning you don't need and igpu, same should apply for editing, the only 2 advantages of an igpu would be the backup graphics in case your dedicated gpu dies, or you want to add a second screen tied to the processor igpu so that it wont use more resources of your dedicated gpu thus making it slower, just keep in mind that doing this will however require a little bit more resources of the cpu itself as you'll be keeping some stuff on the second screen also requiring resources out of your cpu.

short answer, if the 9400 is considerably cheaper, you want it, if the difference isnt really that much... having the backup igpu for the previously said reasons seems wiser to me.