[SOLVED] which one is better and why ?

Solution
That's like comparing an apple to an orange! One is a G-sync monitor (and will work better with Nvidia cards) the other is a Freesync monitor (which will work better with AMD cards!)

Apart from that, they are both 1080p 144hz panels, the AOC is curved (which I personally love), and is also marginally a bigger screen. The AOC is a TN panel which has fastest hz/response times, and is generally really good for gaming. But can have colours that look faded. The MSI is a VA panel. It has better colours, and similar hz/response time, but can also have ghosting effects in fast paced games, like first person shooters. It can be a nasty experience sometimes seeing the ghosting effect. But doesn't always happen.

What are your system specs...
That's like comparing an apple to an orange! One is a G-sync monitor (and will work better with Nvidia cards) the other is a Freesync monitor (which will work better with AMD cards!)

Apart from that, they are both 1080p 144hz panels, the AOC is curved (which I personally love), and is also marginally a bigger screen. The AOC is a TN panel which has fastest hz/response times, and is generally really good for gaming. But can have colours that look faded. The MSI is a VA panel. It has better colours, and similar hz/response time, but can also have ghosting effects in fast paced games, like first person shooters. It can be a nasty experience sometimes seeing the ghosting effect. But doesn't always happen.

What are your system specs? List CPU/GPU etc. This would help us advise more accurately.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

What are your system specs? List CPU/GPU etc. This would help us advise more accurately.

Both are actually FreeSync monitors, the AOC just declares itself as G=Sync compatible.
The MSI is also "G-Sync compatible" according to MSI, so those benefits balance out

The MSI is curved, not the AOC - but realistically, in a 24" panel, curved isn't likely to increase immersion at all.

The VA panel on the MSI is the "better" panel from a colour standpoint etc, but I don't think it's ~35% "better" for gaming to justify the cost increase.

Personally, of the two, I'd opt for the AOC.

If you were looking to spend ~$250 for this type of monitor, I'd consider the C27G1 from AOC. 27", 144Hz, 1080p, Curved, Freesync.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Monitor: AOC - C27G1 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor ($259.99 @ Walmart)
Total: $259.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-27 14:11 EST-0500

Solution

n0lanlzz99

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
Both are actually FreeSync monitors, the AOC just declares itself as G=Sync compatible.
The MSI is also "G-Sync compatible" according to MSI, so those benefits balance out

The MSI is curved, not the AOC - but realistically, in a 24" panel, curved isn't likely to increase immersion at all.

The VA panel on the MSI is the "better" panel from a colour standpoint etc, but I don't think it's ~35% "better" for gaming to justify the cost increase.

Personally, of the two, I'd opt for the AOC.

If you were looking to spend ~$250 for this type of monitor, I'd consider the C27G1 from AOC. 27", 144Hz, 1080p, Curved, Freesync.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Monitor: AOC - C27G1 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor ($259.99 @ Walmart)
Total: $259.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-27 14:11 EST-0500
problem is that i feel its too big.. i have a 22" now and im afraid if i switch to a really big monitor i wont get used or it wouldnt be good for me at all.
what do you think ? is it that big ? or its a good size?