Question Which one is better cooler please?

SamuelJackson22

Reputable
Mar 3, 2019
Hello, I have 2 coolers,
first I got from pre-built system:

SilentiumPC CPU Fera 2 HE1224

and second i got from AMD FX 8350 wraith max cooler:

AMD Wraith Max Cooler RGB LED

I know AMD Stock coolers are bad but this is looking good, but I dont care much about design, I care if it is loud or silent and effective so,
like I want to know If my prebuilt cooler is more silent and effective than the AMD MAX WRAITH COOLER

Thank you in advance for your answer

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

SamuelJackson22

Reputable
Mar 3, 2019
The Fera2 is decent, but a few years old. Similar in performance to a 212 EVO.
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/SilentiumPC/Fera_2_HE1224/6.html

Wraith? Or Wraith Max? The Wraith Max RGB LED is the high-end stock Ryzen cooler.... The Wraith is an older, loud, fairly mediocre cooler.

If the Wraith Max from Ryzen, it's actually pretty comparable with a 212 EVO, so going to be very similar with the Fera2....
http://www.relaxedtech.com/reviews/amd/wraith-max-and-wraith-spire-cooler/2
and how I can connect this Wraith max cooler to not RGB supported mobo Gigabyte 970A- DS3P rev2.0, and would it be changing colors randomly or it would just stuck at 1 color? Also I know there are some AM3+ Motherboards wich supports RGB AURA SYNC but they are all sold out..

Dec 23, 2018
I heard that the AMD coolers where pretty good. Even Linus tech tips says they are good. Maybe thats just in comparison to Intel.

I have the Ryzen 5 2600x and it doesnt seem that cool. Its around 39C. I was tempted to buy either the high end noctua heatsink or get the corsair liquid cooler.

SamuelJackson22

Reputable
Mar 3, 2019
I heard that the AMD coolers where pretty good. Even Linus tech tips says they are good. Maybe thats just in comparison to Intel.

I have the Ryzen 5 2600x and it doesnt seem that cool. Its around 39C. I was tempted to buy either the high end noctua heatsink or get the corsair liquid cooler.
Yeah I watched the Linus Tech tips too, but benchmarks are telling difference