Which one is better in these Graphics Cards ?

Which one is better in these Graphics Cards ?

• XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • ASUS HD 5770 1GB GDDR5

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB GDDR5 PCIE

Votes: 26 65.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the prices, are they priced the same? If so i would go for the XFX or the Sapphire. The Sapphire has a better cooler which will keep your temps down, but the XFX has a lifetime warranty. The cards themselves are basically identical as most are still the ATI reference design.

Lifetime warranty is overrated. Most other cards have at least 3 years and 3+ year old video cards are no great loss if they breakdown. To put that in perspective the 8800 GTS 320mb came out a lil over 3 years ago and cost $300. I really doubt if you bought it then and still had it you would shed a tear if it stopped working and wish you had a lifetime warranty.
If the prices are the same the vapor-x is the way to go. I would mainly decide based on price.

eylee86

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
i agree with jyjjy, i'd think that vapor-x series will be more expensive since that is the case with 5850 and 5870 series. but i hear really good things about them being silent/cool. If you value those, i'd go for vapor-x.

I don't exactly know how silent the vapor-x is but I just built my housemates system with saphire HD5770(non-vaporx) and when I set the fan speed to 20%, I virtually can't hear the GPU fan anymore because it gets drowned by other fans inside the case. The GPU temp also never breaks 55 degrees C. Granted he has a stock intel heatsink cause he didn't want to spend money on aftermarket heatsinks/fans but other than that he has 2 antec tricools running on lowspeed and 2 scythe slipstream fans that I gave him(i believe they run at 800rpm which is hardly audible). Now remember, this is a non-vaporx version. I can't even imagine how silent/cool the vapor-x series could be but maybe you should try it out and let me know =)

sparkman

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I can run my XFX fan at 55% and still not hear it, but I do have eight fans in my system, but they only run at 19DB so I can get pretty cooling and barely any sound at all.

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
good call on the In the USA part Obsidian- I forget that its not the same elsewhere.
Anyway- I guess part of the reason that XFX's warranty in the US is so good is it helps resale value because its a double lifetime warranty that is transferable if you sell the card later.

Onyx3173

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
I've currently got an XFX card although it's nVidia not ATI. And I haven't used Sapphire before. But I'm very satisfied with my XFX card. But as everyone else has already said, it really comes down to price since both those cards are going to be pretty much the same.

ram1009

Distinguished
I recently bought a Sapphire 5750 hoping that ATI had improved their drivers over the years. They haven't. I suggest waiting to see what Nvidia has to offer later today. I'll be getting rid of mine soon if you're interested.

chaitanya_mkin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
I strongly recommend XFX because as the experts says abt the warranty, and the best thing in XFX is about their brand, quality, resale value, hardware, and design. I dont think that sapphire do well than XFX other than cooling............ Think Think. if u ask me ill go for XFX Radeon HD XXX 5770 1GB.

chaitanya_mkin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
hey ahmed ur saying that use poll, im asking u whats the exact diff btw. xfx and sapphire (quality, brand, performance). u r looking only cooling or what?????

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Each have something to bring to the table
the one has the best warranty.
the second has the best software.
the third has the best cooling.
When I say the best I mean the best of the three, and in general also.
The prices all are in a certain area so if dose not matter than I would consider one that has a good warr, with good software, cause cooling can be bought with after market cooling. So I would consider the asus and its voltage tweaker technology.
Cause you can crank it up and get way higher benchs.
So right now you can get the CuCore Asus 5770 for 159.99, so your going to get exceptional cooling, the best software, and you also get better than average warranty of 3 years! So you can't go wrong with that!

ahmedelbehery2010

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009

thank you

If my p118 broke, I would hold a funeral for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.