Hello, i wanna ask something.
Which one is better
RX 550 4GB or GT 1030 2GB
Both are GDDR5 variant.
I have the money to buy 1 of them, so please help me to decide

Solution
The answer is RX 550 4GB.
Let me say why
  1. The RX 550 has a 4GB of VRAM (nowdays 4GB vram is Minimum/Standart)
  2. RX 550 has more Cores "512" against GT 1030 "384 "
  3. RX 550 has 128Bit Bus, against GT 1030 64Bit Bus.
RX 550 gets higher FPS on most games, around like 15-20FPS + the Lows are more stable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GT 1030 there is 2 version

with DDR4 (The WORST u can ever get, lets dont talk about it)
and GDDR5 (the normal one, but this one is messed up as u only have 64Bit bus.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worst...

EvooHD

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2015
Let me say why
RX 550 gets higher FPS on most games, around like 15-20FPS + the Lows are more stable.

Worst downside to 64 Bit Memory bus is the Memory Bandwidth of 48.06 GB/s
While the RX 550 has 128Bit Memory bus of 112.0 GB/s

RX 550 , is the choice there is no Maybe , I think, Might. Just plain YES , Take that baby and go play some games.!
Cheers

Solution

jasonf2

Distinguished
There is nothing wrong with either of the two cards but the RX550 definitely out specs the 1030 on pretty much every metric, if not all metrics. If you are looking to play games and think you are going to get great performance out of either of the cards though I would temper my expectations, especially on the 1030. Back when the 1000 series was in production the 30 cards were pretty much entry level mainstream. They were ok for lower framerate 1080 resolutions but at that generation 4k was still pretty low framerate even on the 80ti card level. Today the Nvidia mainstream stuff goes over into the 1600 series with pretty much every 3000 series card being a pretty solid card. That wasn't really the case when the 1000 series cards were being produced with the bottom part numbers being an entry level value proposition.. That is why you see the two RAM types listed to pull prices down as much as possible.

Nov 8, 2021
Let me say why

Worst downside to 64 Bit Memory bus is the Memory Bandwidth of 48.06 GB/s
While the RX 550 has 128Bit Memory bus of 112.0 GB/s

RX 550 , is the choice there is no Maybe , I think, Might. Just plain YES , Take that baby and go play some games.!
Cheers
Thanks for the answer, appreciate that

Nov 8, 2021
There is nothing wrong with either of the two cards but the RX550 definitely out specs the 1030 on pretty much every metric, if not all metrics. If you are looking to play games and think you are going to get great performance out of either of the cards though I would temper my expectations, especially on the 1030. Back when the 1000 series was in production the 30 cards were pretty much entry level mainstream. They were ok for lower framerate 1080 resolutions but at that generation 4k was still pretty low framerate even on the 80ti card level. Today the Nvidia mainstream stuff goes over into the 1600 series with pretty much every 3000 series card being a pretty solid card. That wasn't really the case when the 1000 series cards were being produced with the bottom part numbers being an entry level value proposition.. That is why you see the two RAM types listed to pull prices down as much as possible.
I know their performances from benchmarks i seen, and im very used to 720p and lower. Anyway, thanks for the answer

What is your case and psu?
On a gross level, the cards are comparable and a nice upgrade over integrated graphics.
RX550 is a 50w card vs. 30w for the gt1030.
That may make a difference to you if you are adding to a pre built pc which usually includes only a minimally capable psu.
I ask about the case because if it is a low profile case, the GT1030 will come in low profile versions.

Lastly, be careful about using specs to decide.
Intel and amd have different balances of specs to achieve a desired price/performance level.
Each has drivers that use vram differently.

Best to look at reviews of each for the games you play.
Failing that look at rankings such as tom's gpu hierarchy:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

Nov 8, 2021
What is your case and psu?
On a gross level, the cards are comparable and a nice upgrade over integrated graphics.
RX550 is a 50w card vs. 30w for the gt1030.
That may make a difference to you if you are adding to a pre built pc which usually includes only a minimally capable psu.
I ask about the case because if it is a low profile case, the GT1030 will come in low profile versions.

Lastly, be careful about using specs to decide.
Intel and amd have different balances of specs to achieve a desired price/performance level.
Each has drivers that use vram differently.

Best to look at reviews of each for the games you play.
Failing that look at rankings such as tom's gpu hierarchy:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html
I dont even know my case. Its a second hand that i bought cheaply. As for the power supply, i replaced it with FSP HV Pro 550W