[SOLVED] Which one is the best 144hz monitor?

ahmed25004

Honorable
Jun 10, 2018
HI there
So im planning to buy a 144hx monitor but i got really confused because of the many specification that monitors have
but at the end i've choose some monitors and i want you to help me pick one of them
1- MSI Mag24c/Mag240vc/Mag241c those there monitors i dont really see a difference between them and i really like it it has a nice look and curved 144hz 1 ms but i read its 3000:1 contrast ratio is that a important thing ?
2- ViewSonic VX2458-C-MHD this monitor i found really good but it dont have any reviews on youtube and its not popular and kinda cheap which made me afraid of it. its 144hz 1ms curved and got speakers
3-viotek gn24cw this one is not available right now but it was so i can wait untill its available again. i heard its the best choice but i found on its spec's that the colors 95% sRGB / 68% NTSC and the two monitors above are NTSC 85%, sRGB 110%.

actually the those three are the same on a lot of things like 144 1 ms curved ( 3000:1 dont know if t really matters )
and there is other monitors but its more expensive and i dont see why they should be better

so at the end is the curved monitor really worth it ?
what is the most important spec's that i should look for in the monitors ?
which one of the above is better and if there is one better than them i didnt mention tell me pls

sorry for taking long but im really confused and i will appreciate your help

Solution
okay
the main things to look in a monitor are
refresh rate, resolution, pixel response times, peak brightness, hdr support and panel type.
you already have refresh rate and resolution down
now lets talk about the others.
pixel response times and panel type are the ones you will need to look at here most tho the other 2 are important too.

so, lets start with pixel response time.
lower is better.
but anything lower than 5ms is fine and you probably wont notice tooooooo much effect.
anything higher will cause smeering especially on 144hz.
the end.
panel type
this ones a lil more complicated
there are 3 main panel types.
ips, tn and va.
ips has the best colors but is more expensive espcially in 144hz and there is only 1 monitor that is...
okay
refresh rate, resolution, pixel response times, peak brightness, hdr support and panel type.
pixel response times and panel type are the ones you will need to look at here most tho the other 2 are important too.

lower is better.
but anything lower than 5ms is fine and you probably wont notice tooooooo much effect.
the end.
panel type
ips, tn and va.
ips has the best colors but is more expensive espcially in 144hz and there is only 1 monitor that is 144hz and 1ms. it also has amazing viewing angles and contrast.

tn panels have really really really horrible viewing angles
and their colors are bad
but theyre pixel response times and very good and theyre cheap.

va is the middle ground.
das it.

hdr support and peak brightness go together.
a monitor can support hdr
but if its AVERAGE/TYPICAL brightness is anything below 400cd
(peak doesnt mean nothin)
hdr if enabled will look bad.
finding good hdr monitors is hard so i would really worry about it tho

only netflix and some games even support it so it doesnt matter anyway

Solution

ahmed25004

Honorable
Jun 10, 2018
okay

lower is better.
the end.
panel type
ips, tn and va.
ips has the best colors but is more expensive espcially in 144hz and there is only 1 monitor that is 144hz and 1ms. it also has amazing viewing angles and contrast.

tn panels have really really really horrible viewing angles
and their colors are bad
but theyre pixel response times and very good and theyre cheap.

va is the middle ground.
das it.

hdr support and peak brightness go together.
a monitor can support hdr
but if its AVERAGE/TYPICAL brightness is anything below 400cd
(peak doesnt mean nothin)
hdr if enabled will look bad.
finding good hdr monitors is hard so i would really worry about it tho

only netflix and some games even support it so it doesnt matter anyway
Thank you for your reply
Actually i already know abot panels but thanks though, and i will use the monitor for the gaming and barely for movies so i've choose VA panel and all of the monitors ive mentioned are VA
But you mentioned a thing i forgot the brightness, is there a noticeable difference between like 250/300/350/400 cd? And is that really important? If it is then should i trade the curved type for the higher cd brightness?

Thank you for your reply
Actually i already know abot panels but thanks though, and i will use the monitor for the gaming and barely for movies so i've choose VA panel and all of the monitors ive mentioned are VA
But you mentioned a thing i forgot the brightness, is there a noticeable difference between like 250/300/350/400 cd? And is that really important? If it is then should i trade the curved type for the higher cd brightness?
i have a curved monitor. i dont notice it being curved so i dont think it matters

and yes. 250cd is fine for normal use, but for hdr it is garbage and youll never use hdr with it.