Question Which one of these laptop is better? Is it worth spending more for Asus Laptop?

horse egg

Honorable
Dec 26, 2016

Lutfij

Titan
The Asus laptop has a higher spec'd display(refresh rate) and Processor/APU so yes you are getting more for paying more - that is, the price is justified. I shy away from Dell laptops since they are a pain to work with, their Alienware's are built like a tank but they require you to go to the gym if you want horsepower in them. The Asus laptops are built with mobility in mind but do remember that both laptops will be running hot, compared to older generation laptops.

Reactions: horse egg

horse egg

Honorable
Dec 26, 2016
The Asus laptop has a higher spec'd display(refresh rate) and Processor/APU so yes you are getting more for paying more - that is, the price is justified. I shy away from Dell laptops since they are a pain to work with, their Alienware's are built like a tank but they require you to go to the gym if you want horsepower in them. The Asus laptops are built with mobility in mind but do remember that both laptops will be running hot, compared to older generation laptops.
Yeah thats why i wanted this clarity if it was worth paying more. I plan on buying some cooling pad. I think ill go with Asus. Thanks for quick response. And just for personal knowledge by wanting horsepower is the software that is hard to work with in dell? Or drivers?

What will this laptop be used for?
Just as a caveat:
I see many complaints about gaming laptops not performing well.
Usually gaming while plugged in.
One common cause is thermal throttling.
Laptop coolers must, of necessity be small and light.
The coolers are also relatively under powered.

Do not count on a cooling pad to do much.
Of the two, The photos would indicate that the dell has done a better job of cooling airflow.

horse egg

Honorable
Dec 26, 2016
What will this laptop be used for?
Just as a caveat:
I see many complaints about gaming laptops not performing well.
Usually gaming while plugged in.
One common cause is thermal throttling.
Laptop coolers must, of necessity be small and light.
The coolers are also relatively under powered.

Do not count on a cooling pad to do much.
Of the two, The photos would indicate that the dell has done a better job of cooling airflow.
I already have a gaming pc. I need this laptop mainly for gaming and video editing a portable device. Which cooler would you suggest. And what is the performance % different between these 2?

Last edited:

horse egg

Honorable
Dec 26, 2016
If you can, do your gaming on the pc.
Of the two laptops, they both support 16 threads.
The 5900Hx is marginally faster.
Here are the passmark numbers:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+Ryzen+9+5900HX&id=3903
I do mostly game on pc. But when i am away i want that portability option(to edit/work and play). I think i will go with Asus and get a cooler. Any good cooler you would suggest?
And both of those laptops have same 3060 power? like 115w ?
And thanks alot for sharing those passmark numbers.

I do mostly game on pc. But when i am away i want that portability option(to edit/work and play). I think i will go with Asus and get a cooler. Any good cooler you would suggest?
And both of those laptops have same 3060 power? like 115w ?
And thanks alot for sharing those passmark numbers.
I do not think those laptop coolers do much of anything.
Keep the vents clean and unobstructed.

If you get into heat issues, try reducing the max cpu power from 100% to something less.

horse egg

Honorable
Dec 26, 2016
I do not think those laptop coolers do much of anything.
Keep the vents clean and unobstructed.

If you get into heat issues, try reducing the max cpu power from 100% to something less.
Got it. Thanks alot for clearing my doubts and my confusion appreciate it.