Which one of these monitors to get?

atos28

Honorable
May 1, 2012
Hey guys,

I currently have the dell s2330mx monitor and I am looking to upgrade to a better monitor and will sell the one I currently own. I will not be looking to do a dual monitor setup or more. The 2 monitors that I am thinking of purchasing are the Samsung s24d590pl or the LG 23mp75hm-p. I live in Australia and these monitors go for $220-$240 which is what I am willing to pay. I will be using the monitor for gaming, watching movies, TV shows, YouTube, etc. So which one of these monitors would be the better option? I want the quality of the picture to be better then the one I have now and for it to be good for playing games.

atos28

Honorable
May 1, 2012
The thing with those monitors is that they have a thin bezel and I read around that the difference between 5ms and 2ms not noticeable, if someone can confirm this it would be great.

atos28

Honorable
May 1, 2012

What i am basically looking for is a monitor like the one that the apple iMac has, the glossy screen for me looks much better than matte screens. Can you recommend a good monitor that has a glossy screen? The monitors i am looking have to be either 23 or 24 inches. Also, the Asus that you linked, does it have better picture quality than the one I currently own? because that is what i am mainly looking for as, but i also want it to be good for gaming. In your last comment I didn't quite understand, is the 5ms and 2ms response time a big difference or deal breaker?