[SOLVED] Which one? (Ryzen)

Jun 24, 2019
In my country at the moment, the prices are:

Ryzen 5 2600: $115

Ryzen 5 2600X: $130

Ryzen 5 3600: $185

I think that, in this case, the best option for me is Ryzen 5 2600X (i don't want to overclock so keep that in mind)

Solution
A 2600x or 2700x are great for that GPU and RAM combination. With either of them you could also have an GPU upgrade to a RTX card with no problems (I have a 2700x with an Asus 2080 OC = awesome preformance). The 3600 would be better rendering and if you wish to upgrade your GPU in the next while but not more than 10% fps gaming, in short all 3 + the 2700x are well worth the money.

The Wraith Cooler that comes with is good but not the most quiet so it may be worth getting a different cooler depending on your case and airflow requirements.

Your PSU is ..... well..... not great..... for the love of all that is holy before you get the new cpu get a better PSU, yours is a fire hazard and the Ryzens do voltage spike and need a stable power...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It's a Ryzen. You are going to overclock. You will set XMP and get the most out of your ram that you spent money on. That's OC. You will run turbo speeds and most likely PBO, they are both OC.

OC isn't just going with overblown cooling and pushing limits, it's anything that's faster than default/base speeds. It's free performance increase built into what's already there.

Jun 24, 2019
What are you doing with it? Gaming, rendering, work related?
What is the rest of your system like.... PSU,GPU, RAM etc it is very hard to recommend one of these 3 good cpus if we don*t know what it for and if your system is compatible :)

Mostly gaming, and rendering/CAD work at the side.

PSU: LC Power 600w lc600h-12
GPU: GTX 1070 8gb Turbo
RAM: 2x8gb 3200mhz corsair vengeance cl16

A 2600x or 2700x are great for that GPU and RAM combination. With either of them you could also have an GPU upgrade to a RTX card with no problems (I have a 2700x with an Asus 2080 OC = awesome preformance). The 3600 would be better rendering and if you wish to upgrade your GPU in the next while but not more than 10% fps gaming, in short all 3 + the 2700x are well worth the money.

The Wraith Cooler that comes with is good but not the most quiet so it may be worth getting a different cooler depending on your case and airflow requirements.

Your PSU is ..... well..... not great..... for the love of all that is holy before you get the new cpu get a better PSU, yours is a fire hazard and the Ryzens do voltage spike and need a stable power platform.

Cheers

Reactions: corenko
Solution
Jun 24, 2019

Your PSU is ..... well..... not great..... for the love of all that is holy before you get the new cpu get a better PSU, yours is a fire hazard and the Ryzens do voltage spike and need a stable power platform.

Cheers

Oh well, new PSU it is!

Also, what CPU cooler do you recommend? My case is FSP CMT 120A

Encryption+

Upstanding
Sep 26, 2019
Of the three CPU's you listed I'd say the 2600X is the best bang for your buck. For the PSU I'd say the Seasonic mentioned above is good, I've found Seasonic to be a good brand for PSUs in general. And I also agree with the above post on the cooler but beware, some of the large coolers have issues in small Mid tower cases so check compatibility first.