Which one should I buy HP Pavilion 15-bs158sa or HP Probook 450 G1? (i5 8250u vs i5 4200m)

Abdulbari1998

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015
hi, I'm looking for a new laptop but I'm confused between these two I've used HP Pavilion 15-bs158sa which has i5-8250U but don't know why that laptop was slow as sloth instead of being 8th generation on the other hand HP Probook is much faster then HP Pavilion. I'm not a heavy laptop user I mainly use laptop for watching movies or working on excel, etc.
The price difference is about $100 between both laptops obviously 8th gen laptop is costing me $100 more that's why I'm confused which one should I buy any help would be appreciated. Also battery [strike]timing[/strike] life is not an issue for me but I want better performance and future proof for atleast 2-3 years. Thanks! :)

I can only venture a guess, but when I look up the specifications of the Pavilion it states it has a mechanical hard drive. The Probook, however, has the option for an SSD. That is the only thing that makes sense for the newer laptop to be so much slower. The Probook you used probably has an SSD. Even very slow computers running an SSD can seem faster than much faster machines on mechanical storage. That said, SSDs are usually significantly more expensive than mechanical hard drives so you generally get them in much smaller sizes. So, if you could get an SSD in the Pavilion it would feel much faster.

Between the two, I'd go with the Pavilion. Once the programs load your performance will be better, it is just waiting for the initial load time that will be a pain, plus you can upgrade it to an SSD in the future.

Abdulbari1998

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015

yeah you are probably right. I'm also thinking of buying pavilion and upgrade it's RAM to 8GB and install an SSD I guess it also has an M.2 slot so that I can keep my mechanical drive for my data and M.2 for windows.