Which one should I buy?plse read the full question

CmPunkMessi

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017
Hey!I am Buying a laptop so should I buy a laptop with 8gb ram nvidia geforce 940mx(discrete)
or with 16gb ram and nvidia GeForce 940mx(discrete);and yeah both laptop have i5 7th gen .Note:My only use is playing video games which are not released on ps4 and that too not all there isle just casual work.If you are suggesting 16gb ram then why?because discrete graphic card uses its own ram and not system ram

Solution
Games are using more than 8Gb total system ram,and that trend will continue as games get more and more intense and ram resources become increasingly available. When most motherboards are capable of 32/64/128Gb of ram, staying under 8Gb is more of a hassle. 16Gb is recommended for any gaming system above budget minimum. The cpu usage has nothing whatsoever to do with gpu vram, anything cpu related will be using system ram, and all game engines first go through the cpu before api's like directX shunt graphics to the gpu.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Games are using more than 8Gb total system ram,and that trend will continue as games get more and more intense and ram resources become increasingly available. When most motherboards are capable of 32/64/128Gb of ram, staying under 8Gb is more of a hassle. 16Gb is recommended for any gaming system above budget minimum. The cpu usage has nothing whatsoever to do with gpu vram, anything cpu related will be using system ram, and all game engines first go through the cpu before api's like directX shunt graphics to the gpu.

Solution

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from CmPunkMessi : "which one should I choose?Plse read my full question."

What games are you looking to play exactly? A 940mx video card is a lower end one for the time it was out, and is really low end for modern standards.