Which one should I get: The 1080 Ti or 2080 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme?

Jul 9, 2018
Hey all,
Just wondering whether I should get a 1080 Ti or a 2080 Aorus Xtreme.
I can't decide. Both look amazing, one is newer and has Ray Tracing, the other has higher all-around performance.
The cooling is great, and I prefer having this to an Asus card.
Which should I get?
Thanks.

Solution
How many games support Ray Tracing now?

Also consider that AMD also has Ray Tracing that is based on an open source model.

If you don't need a new card now, wait until it is clear as to which standard will get the most support from games.

Not that there is negligible performance difference between the 2080 and the 1080Ti.

Personally I would take the cheaper option, or wait 6 months.

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
How many games support Ray Tracing now?

Also consider that AMD also has Ray Tracing that is based on an open source model.

If you don't need a new card now, wait until it is clear as to which standard will get the most support from games.

Not that there is negligible performance difference between the 2080 and the 1080Ti.

Personally I would take the cheaper option, or wait 6 months.

Solution

mgallo848

Commendable
Let's be honest, the majority of the PC gaming community will not own cards that support Ray Tracing, only a very small percentage of them will (because of the price). After the release of the 2070, all of the other new Nvidia cards will not support Ray tracing either (only GTX 2070 and higher). Gaming companies will still be coding games for the rest of the video cards on the market without RT for several more years to come.