Question Which one should I get?

Oct 18, 2020
Hey, so I got an HP ProDesk 400 G1 MT with an i7-4790 non K CPU and GTX 1650 from my recent pc. So I do play a lot of competitive gaming and indeed love competition but I found out the motherboard or basically the VRMs are kind of bottlenecking my CPU on really intensive situations for example on CSGO, I do get 240-300fps consistently obviously on all low settings but I'm kind of delayed of seeing others despite having 240Hz and quite fast reaction times but the "slow down" or "bottleneck" from VRMs which I mostly believe it's from a poor designed (at least for competitive gaming nor even really intensive AAA gaming) naked VRMs of that system I'm getting such latencies and even stutters and not having a smooth gaming experience as others with the same CPU and GPUs. So I decided one to get one of those two motherboards: GA-Z87-HD3 Intel Z87 Motherboard or the highest end one of that time GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 Motherboard LGA1150 Intel Z97 , which one do you think will be sufficient for me to have a good competitive gaming experience at least not to be able to shot last after peeking. I know some people might think this is an old system and such but there's people who literally made it to FPL Level (Highest CSGO Online Competing Level) with that kind of system but obviously with a good motherboard normally. Thanks to every single one who gives his ideas out , also would like to hear from people who had actual experiences on an OEM motherboard then switching to an after market nor high end one. Thanks.

P.s: What matters to me the most, is lowest latency possible; being able to shot in the right time and not get my actions delayed. And obviously I don't really expect to get the FPL Level but I should be getting at least Supreme rank in CSGO right? I'm stuck on MG1 for months just cause of such "bottlenecking" or "not being able to handle the tasks smoothly" issues.

Oct 18, 2020
I don't think changing the motherboard will have any effect.
Just because the VRMs have not cooling, it does not automatically means they can handle power delivery.
How are your system temperatures?
How's the air flow on that case?
Them how come I'm not getting the performance like people with the same specs are getting?

Them how come I'm not getting the performance like people with the same specs are getting?
There are hundreds of variables why your system does not behave like another system.
No two system are alike....even if they had the same exact components and the exact programs installed.
If you have an issue with your system, just try to find a fix for it, comparing to other won't help.

I have built computers with the same exact components, apps and settings and they do not get the same exact performance values..

Oct 18, 2020
There are hundreds of variables why your system does not behave like another system.
No two system are alike....even if they had the same exact components and the exact programs installed.
If you have an issue with your system, just try to find a fix for it, comparing to other won't help.

I have built computers with the same exact components, apps and settings and they do not get the same exact performance values..
Lmao, man with full respect I'm myself studying Computer Sience , I tried literally every single thing and tweak about those latency/sttuters and different kinds of "business hardwares" (where their main priority is not latency) except 2 things; changing the motherboard to an after market one nor gaming one and the power supply. Also basically I said about the differences in performances of an OEM and fully unlocked 8+0 true powerphase design motherboard that is completly designed for gaming unlike naked VRMs on OEM simple design motherboard where they barely can even handle the i7 4th gen smoothly providing pure and accurate voltages in the CPU without struggling and where every bios option nor every single important setting is limited for example the cpu power draw and on. If you are going to say OEMs and high end gaming designed motherboards are the same then I don't know why I am even here firstly.

Lmao, man with full respect I'm myself studying Computer Sience ,
I have never seen "Computer Sience" taught t in a college or university...I have seen Computer Science though, in the university I work.

If you are going to say OEMs and high end gaming designed motherboards are the same then I don't know why I am even here firstly.
I was not going to say that, nor I meant to say anything remotely similar to that statement. I don't know how you got that from what I wrote.

Oct 18, 2020
I have never seen "Computer Sience" taught t in a college or university...I have seen Computer Science though, in the university I work.

You kind of missed that "t" there but you know what I mean anyways.

I was not going to say that, nor I meant to say anything remotely similar to that statement. I don't know how you got that from what I wrote

You basically long-shortly said that there won't be no difference between High End motherboard and OEMs one which is absurd to even think of that especially for gaming where the VRMs especially naked ones can brutally struggle to provide and handle voltages efficiently.