zainpk60

Commendable
Jul 24, 2018
I m building a pc and its almost complete now however right now I don't have the budget to buy the gtx 1080 plus its like everyone bought them so I cant find good deal anywhere. I have to drop it down to 1070 ti or should be looking at AMD graphic. Please help me select which one to buy and are AMD graphic cards good because I have heard people say that they are bad thus nividea graphic card are more in popularity. If Vega is a good graphic card and can last longer then 3-4 years for 1080p gaming then I would rather buy this then spending a lot on Nividea cards. Please help. And yh my monitor has amd sync.

1: MSI Vega 64 8gb OC for £270
2: MSI Vega 56 8gb OC for £220
3: Asus Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8gb for £365

Solution
This link has GPUs that are considered same or better than the ones you listed (also newer). If you can provide your budget I would be more specific.
GPUs
1660TI->2060SUPER/5700->5700 XT

zainpk60

Commendable
Jul 24, 2018
What is the make and model of your PSU?
Is there a reason that you want those specific cards? I am asking because there are better card than those with similar price.
What is your budget?

Well I will buy the Seasonic Focus plus Gold 650w psu and if there are better cards then that with that price please tell me and I will buy them. Regarding why these specific cards then I don't know probably because they are famous and will last longer I guess with 1080p max gaming. Thanks

zainpk60

Commendable
Jul 24, 2018
This link has GPUs that are considered same or better than the ones you listed (also newer). If you can provide your budget I would be more specific.
GPUs
1660TI->2060SUPER/5700->5700 XT

under £400 for sure should be my budget. However I came across this after reserach that I am more driven towards Nividea graphic cards because how much popular they are and provide better temperatures and support but then getting something for lower price is also good. I also did check the list and came across the rtx 2060 6gb which is for £334 and I get new call for duty modern warfare for free here in UK. So yh I am not going to be doing 4k gaming. I think I will decide between RTX 2060 or RX Vega 56 which is £220.

Please help me decide as this is the last component I need. And yh I am getting the gigabtye RTX 2060 6gb OC so hopefully it will perform better then 1070 ti and for a cheaper price. Is it worth to go for RTX 2060 OC plus teh new cod game for free for £334 or go for RX Vega 56 only for £220.

Will these cards last me 3-4 years and I mean like i dont mind in future lowering down the setting so from ultra to high or medium. Right now I play on low and it looks good to me because I have AMD Radeon graphic 7660G in laptop and it gets hot too quickly. I have never ever tested in my life what 1080p on full settings feel like. LOL. Thanks

Last edited:

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yep, looks like that monitor is 1920x1080, with a FreeSync range of 48-75Hz.

Unless you're getting a new monitor in less than a year, I'd recommend right now looking at maybe the GTX 1660Ti - unless the new Navi based 5500 and 5600 cards come out. The 5500 is rumored to be officially announced on October 7th, though whether that's when it'll be released, or that's just when AMD officially says "it's coming soon," I couldn't accurately say.

zainpk60

Commendable
Jul 24, 2018
Yep, looks like that monitor is 1920x1080, with a FreeSync range of 48-75Hz.

Unless you're getting a new monitor in less than a year, I'd recommend right now looking at maybe the GTX 1660Ti

Thanks for replying and explain this please why 1660TI and why do i need a new monitor because I just bought one recently.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Oh, I don't think you need a new monitor - I had no idea if this was a new monitor, or an old one that you were planning to replace soon. So, for example, if you were planning on buying a monitor with a higher resolution and/or refresh in the near future, you'd probably have wanted a card that accommodates the future monitor rather than the current monitor.

Since you'll be keeping this one for a long time, though, then that doesn't doesn't apply. You want a card that can perform for your current monitor.

This page has the performance of various cards for several different games. I'm thinking the GTX 1660 or GTX 1660 Ti, maybe leaning toward the latter if you want to stay in the upper range of what your monitor can show. It looks like in most games, even the non-Ti variant of the 1660 can keep the frame rates within your monitor's FreeSync range. So that should cover your needs. Maybe the 1660Ti if you want to have a little extra headroom.

But I do think it's worth waiting the next few days to see what AMD's RX 5500 announcement reveals.

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
Thanks for replying but what do you mean by this. Is that a good thing that hardware is high end and do i need like a better monitor or something.

what i mean is you can buy the 5700 XT (around $400) and use it for 1080p gaming there would probably be a CPU bottleneck of some sort unless you just max out every detail.

then if you can upgrade later on to a 1440p monitor, which would allow your 5700 XT to fully stretch its legs.

zainpk60

Commendable
Jul 24, 2018
what i mean is you can buy the 5700 XT (around $400) and use it for 1080p gaming there would probably be a CPU bottleneck of some sort unless you just max out every detail.

then if you can upgrade later on to a 1440p monitor, which would allow your 5700 XT to fully stretch its legs.

thats a good idea but I will see if i can squeeze it in the budget or else I think I will go for RTX 2060 and then in future will upgrade it. Anyways thanks for replying. Gonna start building this beast Next Week. Few things still have to come.

zainpk60

Commendable
Jul 24, 2018
Oh, I don't think you need a new monitor - I had no idea if this was a new monitor, or an old one that you were planning to replace soon. So, for example, if you were planning on buying a monitor with a higher resolution and/or refresh in the near future, you'd probably have wanted a card that accommodates the future monitor rather than the current monitor.

Since you'll be keeping this one for a long time, though, then that doesn't doesn't apply. You want a card that can perform for your current monitor.

This page has the performance of various cards for several different games. I'm thinking the GTX 1660 or GTX 1660 Ti, maybe leaning toward the latter if you want to stay in the upper range of what your monitor can show. It looks like in most games, even the non-Ti variant of the 1660 can keep the frame rates within your monitor's FreeSync range. So that should cover your needs. Maybe the 1660Ti if you want to have a little extra headroom.

But I do think it's worth waiting the next few days to see what AMD's RX 5500 announcement reveals.

The waiting part is the worst part LOL. I have been waiting for so long to build my first ever gaming PC. You can understand how excited I am. Another thing I am just confused of why would you tell me to get a 1660ti when RTX 2060 or even Vega 64 can out perform it and they cost the same or less well with RTX 2060 I will only pay £60 more. I am just confused.