Which one would you choose for photo editing? Samsung S32D850T or CH711?

kin2son

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
Hey guys, looking to upgrade my aging 27" 1440p to one of the Samsung model.

Both are 32" 1440p and similarly priced. Curved isn't essential.

I DO NOT play any games whatsoever, just wanting one for photo editing use (Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop + general use).

So which one would you choose and why? Any other/better alternatives? Thanks.

Solution
I'd go with the Samsung S32D850T. While both are VA panels with the same basic spec, the CH711 is using its "Quantum Dot" tech. Which simply put is adding a 4th sub pixel of yellow in to the mix. For vibrate colors in gaming and movies I'm sure it'll look gorgeous. For photo editing, I can't see that being anything but a pain in the ass for color accuracy. On top of that, the CH711 is curved so you may have problems with your calibrator of choice, plus it doesn't have a VESA mount. So if you decide to go with a monitor arm or some other 3rd part mounting system you're out of luck.

I'd go with the Samsung S32D850T. While both are VA panels with the same basic spec, the CH711 is using its "Quantum Dot" tech. Which simply put is adding a 4th sub pixel of yellow in to the mix. For vibrate colors in gaming and movies I'm sure it'll look gorgeous. For photo editing, I can't see that being anything but a pain in the ass for color accuracy. On top of that, the CH711 is curved so you may have problems with your calibrator of choice, plus it doesn't have a VESA mount. So if you decide to go with a monitor arm or some other 3rd part mounting system you're out of luck.

Solution