Which parts safe to use after failed BIOS update?

DuncanPlayz

Honorable
Jul 25, 2017
Hello friends. Couple weeks ago I tried to update BIOS on my computer. The specs of that pc: i5 4440, 2x4GB 1600 ddr3, GTX 745 (OEM), medion h81h3-em2 motherboard, 1TB 7200 hdd. I have bought a new pc with these specs: i5 7500, 2x4GB 2133 ddr4, GTX 1050 ti, MSI B250M bazooka motherboard, 650W power supply, 1TB 7200 hdd.
My question: which parts of the old pc (like ram, hdd,..) are safe to use and will still be functionall in my new pc?
Let me know if you need more specs or anything else, I will try to tell you that.

Solution
Everything is safe to use including the motherboard's BIOS chip--only the software on it is corrupt.

You can desolder it and use a chip programmer to fix it, or ask these people for a $16 replacement chip for that ECS board. That whole board goes for $50 on eBay BTW.

It would make for a pretty nice secondary system so may be worth fixing.
Everything is safe to use including the motherboard's BIOS chip--only the software on it is corrupt.

You can desolder it and use a chip programmer to fix it, or ask these people for a $16 replacement chip for that ECS board. That whole board goes for $50 on eBay BTW.

It would make for a pretty nice secondary system so may be worth fixing.

Solution

DuncanPlayz

Honorable
Jul 25, 2017

Thanks for letting me know. I will probably keep the ram and the hard drive and sell the other parts that still work.