[SOLVED] Which parts to upgrade to reduce lag and get higher fps in Warzone?

Martin9744

Honorable
Aug 11, 2014
Hello,

I'm home from my uni now cuz of the pandemic, and I thought I'd try to game again. I downloaded the Battle royale game COD Warzone, but I'm not happy with the FPS. I get around 80-90FPS and the game also doesn't feel smooth at all. All the graphics are on low and normal.

I also have a 60Hz monitor, but I found a 240Hz monitor on sale and ordered it. I think the 60Hz played a part in the game feeling bad, since Im used to 144Hz.

Would you guys say my pc parts are outdated? Maybe I just need a new gpu? I listed my parts below with hyperlinks. Thank you!:)

My current parts are:
Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 980
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1866MHz 16GB

Last edited:
Solution
Hello,

I'm home from my uni now cuz of the pandemic, and I thought I'd try to game again. I downloaded the Battle royale game COD Warzone, but I'm not happy with the FPS. I get around 80-90FPS and the game also doesn't feel smooth at all. All the graphics are on low and normal.

I also have a 60Hz monitor, but I found a 240Hz monitor on sale and ordered it. I think the 60Hz played a part in the game feeling like <Mod Edit>, since Im used to 144Hz.

Would you guys say my pc parts are outdated? Maybe I just need a new gpu? I listed my parts below with hyperlinks. Thank you!:)

My current parts are:
RAM: Corsair...
Hello,

I also have a 60Hz monitor, but I found a 240Hz monitor on sale and ordered it. I think the 60Hz played a part in the game feeling like <Mod Edit>, since Im used to 144Hz.

My current parts are:
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1866MHz 16GB
That’s not a bad setup. I’d suspect it’s more of a core limit CPU issue. Run MSI afterburner and set on screen display for GPU and cpu usage. Game and see what your usage is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Martin9744
Solution

TRENDING THREADS