[SOLVED] Which PC components are good to run 100-120 fps on GTA Online on ultra settings

Dec 1, 2020
Hi guys last time i downloaded GTA 5 on my daily (office) pc i have this pc for 2 years and it's too weak to play this game (story mode:70-44fps, online:50-30fps)
+ on online it feels so choppy,
i don't why or its because of my CPU or RAM. And i want to upgrade the PC.

My specs:
-Optiplex 7010
-i5 2400 3.2GHz
-Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5
-8GB RAM DDR3 1333Mhz

I want you to suggest me best budget components (i would like to get about 120fps on online)

Solution
For 120 fps, you're looking at something like a GTX 1080-level of GPU and a modern Ryzen, i7, or more robust i5. Which will also require new RAM, likely a new PSU, and probably a new case too.

With a less ambitious goal, you could use a 1070 or a 2060, find a used 2600K, and get to the 90 FPS range. Also depends on power supply. Your current one may not be up to snuff and it may be proprietary since this is a prebuilt.

Now, if you're just looking to slap in a single $100 part and get to this FPS goal, that's unrealistic. You have a decent budget GPU from 2018 in a prebuilt office rig from about 2011 that doesn't seem to have been upgraded otherwise.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
For 120 fps, you're looking at something like a GTX 1080-level of GPU and a modern Ryzen, i7, or more robust i5. Which will also require new RAM, likely a new PSU, and probably a new case too.

With a less ambitious goal, you could use a 1070 or a 2060, find a used 2600K, and get to the 90 FPS range. Also depends on power supply. Your current one may not be up to snuff and it may be proprietary since this is a prebuilt.

Now, if you're just looking to slap in a single $100 part and get to this FPS goal, that's unrealistic. You have a decent budget GPU from 2018 in a prebuilt office rig from about 2011 that doesn't seem to have been upgraded otherwise.

Solution
Dec 1, 2020

Thanks for your reply.

No, i'm not gonna upgrade the pc that or yes if the components that i wrote below will work on my moboif not i will be forced to just assembly other one from new/used components.

You think that 1070 with i7-2600k and Silentium PC Elementum 550W would work on my mobo or i will be forced to buy newer mobo?

And if the components would work on my mobo, will they actually give me the 90fps on gta online on ultra?

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Thanks for your reply.

No, i'm not gonna upgrade the pc that or yes if the components that i wrote below will work on my moboif not i will be forced to just assembly other one from new/used components.

You think that 1070 with i7-2600k and Silentium PC Elementum 550W would work on my mobo or i will be forced to buy newer mobo?

And if the components would work on my mobo, will they actually give me the 90fps on gta online on ultra?

Hard to say, you'll have to look at the motherboard and see if it uses the standard 4 or 8 pins for the CPU and the 24-pin motherboard connector. HP uses a lot of proprietary parts, but not always.

Not sure about Ultra -- open world is very CPU taxing. Do you already have the PSU? Not really crazy about it; it's an old group-regulated model and PSUs that only have the 230V EU certification is a red flag. With less current needed, you can use cheaper parts and machines with quality parts can easily get the normal badge, so it invariably means a really downcosted PSU.

Dec 1, 2020
Hard to say, you'll have to look at the motherboard and see if it uses the standard 4 or 8 pins for the CPU and the 24-pin motherboard connector. HP uses a lot of proprietary parts, but not always.

Not sure about Ultra -- open world is very CPU taxing. Do you already have the PSU? Not really crazy about it; it's an old group-regulated model and PSUs that only have the 230V EU certification is a red flag. With less current needed, you can use cheaper parts and machines with quality parts can easily get the normal badge, so it invariably means a really downcosted PSU.

I have only stock optiplex 7010 PSU which is garbage i guess, if i will be finally determined to montage the i7-2600k with 1070 i know that i will be forced to upgrade the PSU, but the mobo is too weak i guess so i will be forced to upgrade: mobo, psu, gpu and processor because i have already storage drivers (ssd and hdd)

TRENDING THREADS