Question Which PC is better ?

Jan 14, 2019
So i was just searching my local deals and i found 2 pc's but i can't decide which one would be better and ill tell you why later

£400.00

Processor: Intel i5 - 6500 Skylake Quad core

Ram: 8GB 3200Mhz Corsair DDR4

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170 Gaming K3

HDD: 1TB Western Digital Blue

Graphics Card: Nvidia Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB

PSU: Antec True Power 550w 80 plus bronze

Tower only no leads

OR

£450.00

Processor: Intel i5 - 6400 Skylake Quad core

Ram: 16GB HyperX DDR4

Motherboard: MSi H170 Gaming M3

SSD: 120GB Samsung Evo

HDD: 1TB Western Digital Blue

Graphics Card: Gigabyte RX 580 Gaming 8G

PSU: Serocool 600w 80 plus Bronze (new)

Tower only no leads

And why i can't decide which one to choose is becouse of the processor and the ram
I asked the guy and the 16gb ram is 2133mhz ram but the other pc has 3200mhz 8gb ram which impacts the peformence quiet a bit
and also the proccessor is better in the cheaper build but the graphic card is better in the more expensive build

so could someone just help me with this, my birthday is in 2 days and i would want a somewhat good pc
(the pc will be used for gaming in 1080p only)

WildCard999

Titan
The second one is better, while the CPU is slightly slower the 16gb of memory makes a big difference and also the memory speeds don't matter with Intel. Difference between 3200mhz & 2133mhz would be like 3-5 FPS at most unlike AMD Ryzen which could be like a 20 or so FPS difference. The SSD is also nice to have nowadays for the OS and speeds up general usage. As for the GPU's they trade blows in performance depending on the games but for 1080P either is a good choice. The only thing I don't like in the secondary build is the PSU.

Honestly though I don't think it's wise to buy a quad core nowadays especially if your planning on playing newer AAA games.

If your budget can reach up to around £500-550 you can build something substantially better with an actual upgrade path.
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4K8fw6

The more expensive on would be worth the extra 50. The CPU performance is going to be similar and the RAM speed will make minimal difference. The amount of RAM, however, is worth it in the 2nd one. Having a SSD already, all be it all of 120GB, is still work $20 for your OS boot drive. Does the second one come with Windows as well?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I personally am torn.

You can find lower spec (speed) RAM for the price difference, but not what is in the top machine.

I am not familiar with the PSU in the lower machine but think highly of Antec.

The upper machine has a motherboard you can OC with (on an unlocked chip).

I feel like the GPU in both are basically a performance wash. The difference in heat may play a part according to your ambient temps.

I personally feel like I would get the top one and use the 50 bucks (pounds?) to buy an SSD/M.2

I echo Wildcard in that spending this on a 6th gen might now be the way to go, but would also depend on what is available to you now.