[SOLVED] Which PC would be better? i5-10400 with B460-H or Ryzen 5 3600 with B450-F?

RifatAhmed

Reputable
Feb 12, 2017
I'm building a budget PC but a bit confused which should I choose..

The 1st one is Intel Core i5-10400 with Asus ROG Strix B460-H Gaming MB & GTX 1650 Super

& the 2nd one is AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming MB & GTX 1650 Super

The problem is that Intel-based MBs are really expensive compared to AMD-based ones, and B460 H is the only one that seems to have a reasonable price (in my budget) that's why wanted to know if it's going to be a good idea and with the above specs which would be better?

maxresdefault-1.jpg

Solution
For games that primarily use only one or two cores, they will perform nearly the same.

For anything that uses four or more cores, the Ryzen part is going to likely perform a bit better. The difference isn't going to be all that significant though so whichever system is less expensive would probably be the better choice although, you'll be able to run much faster memory on the Ryzen with the B450 so that alone is likely going to give you a performance advantage in anything that leverages memory performance and there are a quite a few games that do. I'd try to opt for the Ryzen system with 16GB of 3200mhz CL14 or CL16 memory, or 3600mhz CL16 memory, if possible.
For games that primarily use only one or two cores, they will perform nearly the same.

For anything that uses four or more cores, the Ryzen part is going to likely perform a bit better. The difference isn't going to be all that significant though so whichever system is less expensive would probably be the better choice although, you'll be able to run much faster memory on the Ryzen with the B450 so that alone is likely going to give you a performance advantage in anything that leverages memory performance and there are a quite a few games that do. I'd try to opt for the Ryzen system with 16GB of 3200mhz CL14 or CL16 memory, or 3600mhz CL16 memory, if possible.

Reactions: RifatAhmed
Solution