Question Which phone to buy?

Dec 3, 2018
Hello everyone, I am not a big of an expert when it comes to phones so I am asking which phone should I buy? I had galaxy J6 and It was pretty good with battery... I am saying battery bc before 5 days I bought p20 pro and camera is so good... As expected... But the battery drains so fast... I browse on internet or play not so intensive game.... I followed some Huawei official steps to make battery work longer but no help.... Uninstaller some apps, free up some space, put it on power saving mode and so... It is supposed to have 4000mAh but it drains 20%in 1 hour! Nothing helps... Is the reason this specific phone SO I need to get new one or?

If I buy other phone I am on a budget to buy either S9, note 8 or S10e... Or any other phone that has really good camera and good battery life(tested if possible)
Which to buy IDK... I am looking for good camera and not bad processor inside ofc...
Also like the feature of S pen on note 8...
Really not sure... HELP PLS
PS. I want phone that also has a good battery :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sagar_20

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016
6 hours isn't not too bad considering the big screen and the type of hardware those flagships have.

I don't think you'll see any improvement moving to some another flagship phone.

except for may be the phones with a monster battery like S10 5G, Note 10 Plus or Zenfone 6.

Even Note 9 or P30 Pro isn't going to be a worthwhile upgrade.

Dec 3, 2018
6 hours isn't not too bad considering the big screen and the type of hardware those flagships have.

I don't think you'll see any improvement moving to some another flagship phone.

except for may be the phones with a monster battery like S10 5G, Note 10 Plus or Zenfone 6.

Even Note 9 or P30 Pro isn't going to be a worthwhile upgrade.
I was just expecting something more of this phone... Since everyone say like its good... Now it uses 20% an hour if on google... I think its really bad... My j6 1. 5 years old can out live it...
But what between note 8, s9 or s10e which should I choose if I consider switching? Opinion?

Sagar_20

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016
Your j6 is a budget phone and has far less capabilities, that is why.

May be, take a look at the Moto G7 power which is the longest lasting phone in the world.

You can try a few things to fix your current phone
  • Turn off auto updates
  • Remove all unnecessary apps
  • Turn down or disable the animations from developer options
  • Use power saver mode
  • Turn on adaptive battery feature, if supported. It was introduced in Android 9.
No need to switch to phones that are from around the same time or have similar hardware.

Dec 3, 2018
Your j6 is a budget phone and has far less capabilities, that is why.

May be, take a look at the Moto G7 power which is the longest lasting phone in the world.

You can try a few things to fix your current phone
  • Turn off auto updates
  • Remove all unnecessary apps
  • Turn down or disable the animations from developer options
  • Use power saver mode
  • Turn on adaptive battery feature, if supported. It was introduced in Android 9.
No need to switch to phones that are from around the same time or have similar hardware.
Power saving mode is always on, I already removed all unnecessary apps... Also the animations.. Auto updates are off

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS