WHICH power backup UPS SHOULD I BUY

rahulss

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2013
i recently lost my seasonic s12ii 620w psu during lighting storm, it was 6 months old, i dont use ups but now i want to buy one so that i shouldnt loose another part,
so please suggest me a proper UPS, i also brought belkin power surge protector
just need enough time to shutdown pc
this are my specs
i5 6500
16gb ram
gtx 1060 6gb
seasonic s12ii 620w
250g gb ssd
bugdet 3k max

Solution
You really don't need an UPS if you already have a surge protector. It's extremly unlikely you will loes any data with the forced shutdown of your PC. The reason hardware usually fries anyway is your router getting hit with the extreme power spike and sending that spike through the ethernet cable. Usually this fries the motherboard, but Asus for example has some kind of protection in the ethernet port.

Gameduck

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014
You really don't need an UPS if you already have a surge protector. It's extremly unlikely you will loes any data with the forced shutdown of your PC. The reason hardware usually fries anyway is your router getting hit with the extreme power spike and sending that spike through the ethernet cable. Usually this fries the motherboard, but Asus for example has some kind of protection in the ethernet port.

Solution
UPS --> against power blackout.
Surge protectors ---> against overvoltage e.g. during lightning storm.
You do not really need both unless you have problem by both cases.

If you still need UPS, get at least around 650 VA (400-500W) with pure or true sine wave output.