Question Which Power Supply Unit should I get with these specs?

Oct 20, 2019
Hello everyone,

I came here to ask for a second opinion. Last night, one of my computer suddenly turned off like 3 to 6 secs after you turned it on and its been that way before I decided to bring it back to the computer store where I bought it 5 months ago. I've been contacted after a day and they told me that the PSU needs to be replaced. The PSU that came with it is a 700w generic. Earlier they called and offered me to replace it with their 700w true rated because I put a 750ti on it (which I bought on it's 3rd month) and they told me that's what I need.

Specs:
CPU: AMD a8
Carrizo 28nm technology
RAM: 11.0GB dual channel ddr3 @665Mhz
MoBo: Gigabyte F2A68HM-S1
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX750ti

Do I really need that much watts to run a 750ti? Honestly speaking, it's a bit pricey as I'm on a tight budget atm. Aside from the hardwares, my cpu has one LED fan and one RGB strip on it. Sorry if my english is off, it's not my first language. I hope someone can enlighten me if 400w/500w would be enough. Thanks.

Oct 20, 2019
I think the lowest cx you can find here is the cx550m bronze but they do have a vs450 and a vs450 apfc. Although I dont have the slightest idea how those 2 450 differs. Will either of those two be good? I live in the Philippines.

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
I think the lowest cx you can find here is the cx550m bronze but they do have a vs450 and a vs450 apfc. Although I dont have the slightest idea how those 2 450 differs. Will either of those two be good? I live in the Philippines.
yea you dont need that much wattage 500w would be ok leaving room for small upgrades too.
try looking up strategic technologies in facebook or shopee. i get my parts there (physically i dont order online), or if you live near QC you can go to gilmore, dont get Corsair VS, at least as @R_1 pointed out CX grey label are good budget options so are Seasonic evo M12ii 750w or if no other choice the 620w version, FSP Hydro G or X are pretty cheap here in the PH too so you can also try getting them.

Oct 20, 2019
yea you dont need that much wattage 500w would be ok leaving room for small upgrades too.
try looking up strategic technologies in facebook or shopee. i get my parts there (physically i dont order online), or if you live near QC you can go to gilmore, dont get Corsair VS, at least as @R_1 pointed out CX grey label are good budget options so are Seasonic evo M12ii 750w or if no other choice the 620w version, FSP Hydro G or X are pretty cheap here in the PH too so you can also try getting them.

I see..as much as I wanted to get what's best for them, I'm keeping the cost in mind. I won't be upgrading them for a long time. Maybe another 8G stick and that would be it for now. I just want them to run without having to worry that it will happen again anytime soon. So might gonna go for 450's to 500's of watts. Still no idea which are the good ones beside corsair. Idk how they call it but they are "pisonet" units. I'm sure you know it kabayan.

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
I see..as much as I wanted to get what's best for them, I'm keeping the cost in mind. I won't be upgrading them for a long time. Maybe another 8G stick and that would be it for now. I just want them to run without having to worry that it will happen again anytime soon. So might gonna go for 450's to 500's of watts. Still no idea which are the good ones beside corsair. Idk how they call it but they are "pisonet" units. I'm sure you know it kabayan.

how much is your budget? googling a handy dandy tier list
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-new-psu-tier-list/
this might help you chose which ones are ok and which ones to avoid.

Oct 20, 2019
how much is your budget? googling a handy dandy tier list
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-new-psu-tier-list/
this might help you chose which ones are ok and which ones to avoid.

I managed to get my hands on one Aerocool and one Thermaltake. But not ones on the A list. A friend upgraded his PSU and gave me his Aerocool after I bought the Thermaltake lastnight (gmt+8). For now, I'll use them for the 2 units. The 3 remaining units still using the Neutron Electron 700w generic. They still work but I won't wait for them to malfunction, I'll replace them whenever I can. Will start to save also for better ones in the future.

TRENDING THREADS