[SOLVED] Which PSU for this build?

Hi all,

I actually posted a while back about this but found some alternatives and would like your opinion as I'm about to order the parts now.

I'm building an office PC for a friend that includes a 3200G with no GPU for a 9-to-5 workload of Office, E-mails, light Photoshop, and so forth. Although he mentioned owning an old 950 so he may pop that in for the occasional Dota 2 game on weekends (he's not really a gamer, hasn't been for almost a decade at least).

Originally I wanted to grab a VS 450 since it's just an APU system with no real heavy workload. But I'm worried in case he pops that 950 in so I decided to look one last time and found these other 2, which fit within the budget:
  • EVGA 450 BV
  • Aerocool KCAS 500

What do you think? I'm guessing there's not a huge difference here?

Solution
Hi all,

I actually posted a while back about this but found some alternatives and would like your opinion as I'm about to order the parts now.

I'm building an office PC for a friend that includes a 3200G with no GPU for a 9-to-5 workload of Office, E-mails, light Photoshop, and so forth. Although he mentioned owning an old 950 so he may pop that in for the occasional Dota 2 game on weekends (he's not really a gamer, hasn't been for almost a decade at least).

Originally I wanted to grab a VS 450 since it's just an APU system with no real heavy workload. But I'm worried in case he pops that 950 in so I decided to look one last time and found these other 2, which fit within the budget:
  • EVGA 450 BV
  • Aerocool KCAS 500
Hi all,

• EVGA 450 BV
  • Aerocool KCAS 500
What do you think? I'm guessing there's not a huge difference here?
Here is some information on where to start with budget/office PSUs.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/recommended-psu-to-buy.3603290/#post-21736677

Both of those PSUs you have noted are bad.

Solution