[SOLVED] Which PSU I Should Buy? I got 3 candidates

Alone_Boy_

Prominent
Dec 4, 2019
I got an OCZ ZT Series 650W 80+ Bronze PSU and using it since 7 years. I think it's time to refresh my PSU. I've made a little searching and found 3 PSU candidates for my purchase:

• Seasonic Focus Plus SSR-650FX 650W 80+ Gold
  • Asus ROG Strix 650W 80+ Gold
  • Corsair RM750 80+ Gold

My rig shortly:

MB: Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080 8 GB
RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 2x8 16 GB 2400 MHz
2 HDD's and 1 SSD.

Also I'm planing upgrade my OEM in future (I'll get an AMD Ryzen 5 4600 CPU when it'll releases for example). I think 650W PSU should be enough while 750W would be overkill for a middle-high end PC. My strongest candidate is Seasonic. But I like to see your opinions. Thanks.

Solution
Thanks for the answers. Editor reviews seems to be more positive on Seasonic though.

The RM series is really close in performance related to the RMx... which in my opinion is better than the Seasonic Focus Plus.

Also, you listed the SSR-650FX which is the older FX model which had some problems... here:

They fixed their problems with their revisions named GM/GX... so if you really want to go with Seasonic get a GX/GM model.

Otherwise get the Corsair RM.
Well, any other suggestions?

The Asus ROG strix PSU shares the same platform with the Seasonic Focus Plus... the OEM on both is Seasonic. They're really simillar in terms of performance, but the Focus Plus is usually cheaper and I'd get it over the Asus.

If you can get your hands on a RM650(2019) I'd get that over both Asus and Seasonic.

If the RM750 is simillar in price with the other 2, just go ahead and buy that. It's on par with the other 2.

Reactions: Alone_Boy_
Thanks for the answers. Editor reviews seems to be more positive on Seasonic though.

The RM series is really close in performance related to the RMx... which in my opinion is better than the Seasonic Focus Plus.

Also, you listed the SSR-650FX which is the older FX model which had some problems... here:

They fixed their problems with their revisions named GM/GX... so if you really want to go with Seasonic get a GX/GM model.

Otherwise get the Corsair RM.

Solution