[SOLVED] Which PSU is better for me?

matacar

Reputable
May 4, 2018
I'm planning on buying an rx 580 8gb so I need a new PSU for that.
Current specs:
MB - asus h110m-k d3
CPU - i5 6600k
GPU - gtx 1050ti
RAM - 2x4gb ddr3 1660mhz
SSD - SanDisk 250gb
Which PSU would be better for the new GPU: Corsair tx550m or Seasonic Core GM-650?
I found these for a decent price.

Solution
On a scale of 1 to 10, the GM would be a 6.95, the TX a 7.0 and the GX a 7.05. That's as close as they are rated, splitting hairs differences. It'd take a move up in model to an RMx or Prime Gold series to get better.

So you can choose based on looks, warranty, cable lengths, cable sleeves or styles, price, size, both are solid
May 19, 2020
Out of the 2 brands my preference would be Corsair. I've had my 750M from Corsair for 4-5 years now and it works well.
550W should be plenty for that CPU + GPU combo you have (However if you plan on overclocking or upgrading your GPU in the future it might be worth getting the 650W PSU).
Overall it doesn't matter too much which option you choose - both are fine for your PC specs - the 650W will just be a bit more flexible. (Just make sure you check how many pci-e power pins your GPU needs, and how many the PSU have).

Reactions: King_V

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
TX being slightly louder is moot. It's upside down underneath the pc, surrounded by the case and overridden by cpu, gpu, case fans. If you could possibly hear the psu fan at all, you have issues, but the TX isn't nearly loud enough to warrant consideration except at full loads, which would also require every other fan to be spinning high rpms.

It would be my preference over the GM, but I'd take a GX over the TX. The GX being a Focus Plus.

matacar

Reputable
May 4, 2018
TX being slightly louder is moot. It's upside down underneath the pc, surrounded by the case and overridden by cpu, gpu, case fans. If you could possibly hear the psu fan at all, you have issues, but the TX isn't nearly loud enough to warrant consideration except at full loads, which would also require every other fan to be spinning high rpms.

It would be my preference over the GM, but I'd take a GX over the TX. The GX being a Focus Plus.
The GX i a little to expensive for me tho.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
On a scale of 1 to 10, the GM would be a 6.95, the TX a 7.0 and the GX a 7.05. That's as close as they are rated, splitting hairs differences. It'd take a move up in model to an RMx or Prime Gold series to get better.

So you can choose based on looks, warranty, cable lengths, cable sleeves or styles, price, size, both are solid

Solution

matacar

Reputable
May 4, 2018

Thank you for the help man, you saved me. :D <3