[SOLVED] Which psu is good for mid/high gaming pc

May 23, 2020
Hey, As you know it's pretty much hard to find some cheap high end power supply in this pandemic and i came across one psu but i would like to know your advice please
My build:
Rtx 2070 super gigabyte gaming oc
Ryzen 5 3600
ram 3200 mhz team t force delta
B450 tomahawk max ( did not buy yet waiting for them to go on stock)
480 gb ssd

And i came across this power supply and I'm not sure if this will a be good power supply for my build ! and if i can expect it to last 5+ years
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product...-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020194-na

or please let me know what else i can buy !

Solution
i mean are they reliable/ like good quality? because you know im spending like almost 2k and i dont want to mess up anything just because of the psu and if u think theres another option that could be way better let me know!
It's a good quality unit. Currently PSU prices are much higher then they should be (COVID related?) and there's really nothing better I see for the same price or cheaper on CA PCPer. There's a Seasonic Focus Gold 650W for a similar price but it has a shorter warranty (7 years) so I'd stick with that Corsair.
May 23, 2020
That PSU would work fine for your build, good quality unit (10 year warranty) and should last quite awhile.
i mean are they reliable/ like good quality? because you know im spending like almost 2k and i dont want to mess up anything just because of the psu and if u think theres another option that could be way better let me know!

WildCard999

Titan
It's a good quality unit. Currently PSU prices are much higher then they should be (COVID related?) and there's really nothing better I see for the same price or cheaper on CA PCPer. There's a Seasonic Focus Gold 650W for a similar price but it has a shorter warranty (7 years) so I'd stick with that Corsair.

Solution
May 23, 2020
oh okay thank you and is there a difference with rmx 2018 and rm 2019?

WildCard999

Titan
i mean if the rm 2019 will work perfectly then would i really need that rmx and spend more on it with more taxes?
Well there both excellent quality units but if the additional $10+taxes on the RMX is a big difference for you then there's no reason not to get the RM 2019. Either unit will last well over 5 years unless there's some sort of defect in the unit which is really rare.

May 23, 2020
Well there both excellent quality units but if the additional $10+taxes on the RMX is a big difference for you then there's no reason not to get the RM 2019. Either unit will last well over 5 years unless there's some sort of defect in the unit which is really rare.
okay yeah ill just go with my rm 2019 not gonna lie also is there a problem if i play for like 1-2h then put it to sleep and come back do the same thing for like 2-3 times in a day or i should just shutdown the pcwhen i dont play?

WildCard999

Titan
okay yeah ill just go with my rm 2019 not gonna lie also is there a problem if i play for like 1-2h then put it to sleep and come back do the same thing for like 2-3 times in a day or i should just shutdown the pcwhen i dont play?
That's personal preference. When I won't be using the system for a few hours I shut it down since it shut downs/startups fast. Putting the system into sleep mode or shutting it down is fine, I prefer shutdown also to save on my electric bill but either is safe to do. I actually use sleep mode more on my laptop as I'd be playing at home, have a buddy hit me up and just close up the laptop and head over to his house and reopen the laptop from where it was.

Reactions: sjatar22