Which PSU should i chose? corsair rm650x or corsair TX650M?

matthiasvdbroek3

Honorable
Oct 15, 2017
Hi guys,

I'm planning to do a new built with a new PSU,

I am struggling which PSU i should pick, the corsair rm650m or the corsair tx650m.
Prices are pretty similar, so that's not the problem.
The RM650 is fully modular, and also concludes more ports.
with the corsair tx650m, i have to buy a splitter since it only has 2 sata ports, and i need 3.
Main reason why i have doubts, RM650 is around 2 years old or something, is it still worth getting it?

Hoop to hear from you,

matthias

Solution
:ouch: my mistake on the warranties. sorry. the warranty is a huge factor for me. the rm series does score slightly (0.3 higher out of ten) lower in the reviews but not enough to notice. if the price is the same get the warranty.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
I would get the TX myself. longer warranty. better reviews at jonnyguru and if the price is the same...

you do not want to use adapters for the GPU or the CPU AUX, but a SATA power splitter will not even phase the PSU.

as to the semi- modularity, the attached cable MUST be attached or the unit will not work, so I do not see this as an issue.

matthiasvdbroek3

Honorable
Oct 15, 2017

I don't get you. The tx650 has 7 years warrany, the rm650 10.
Maybe i should say that i meant the Corsair TX650 V2. (V2)
I also discovered that the TX one, has 2 SATA cables, but with each 3 SATA connections on it, so that won't be a problem then. Might get the TX than since the semi modular or full modular don't matter much.

BTW do you knwo if the TX650 V2 makes much more noise than the RM650?

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
:ouch: my mistake on the warranties. sorry. the warranty is a huge factor for me. the rm series does score slightly (0.3 higher out of ten) lower in the reviews but not enough to notice. if the price is the same get the warranty.

Solution