[SOLVED] Which PSU should i get?

EduardoG357

Reputable
Oct 2, 2020
Hi, I am looking to upgrade my Thermaltake 600w psu since I think my system needs more power with the new stuff I'm gonna buy. I am thinking of getting an 80 plus gold psu since planning is too expensive. How much wattage do I need and if you have any recommendations that would be great. Also the stuff inside parentheses is what I'm going to upgrade to.

Specs
i5 8400 (Amd ryzen 5600x)
Cooler Master Air cooler
Msi b360m (Aorus x570 pro wifi)
Amd 6800
2x8GB 3200 Mhz RGB RAM
1TB m.2 nvme sad
1TB Hard Drive
Windows 10 64 bit

Ps: I also have 6 RGB fans on my case for the extra fps of course 😎

Solution
Where are you located, what is your preferred site for purchase and what is your budget for said PSU purchase? If the GPU in your build is a regular 6800, then 700W is the wattage you're looking for. If it's a 6800XT, then add 50W more to that number. Also, wattage and 80+ efficiency isn't everything. Please look at reliably built units. Seasonic would be my first suggestion when looking for a reliably brand.

Make and model of your chassis? That's in case you have any limitations for PSU length/size.

Lutfij

Titan
Where are you located, what is your preferred site for purchase and what is your budget for said PSU purchase? If the GPU in your build is a regular 6800, then 700W is the wattage you're looking for. If it's a 6800XT, then add 50W more to that number. Also, wattage and 80+ efficiency isn't everything. Please look at reliably built units. Seasonic would be my first suggestion when looking for a reliably brand.

Make and model of your chassis? That's in case you have any limitations for PSU length/size.

Solution

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020

Indeed, the GPU needs the proper flow of wattage so that it does not overclock easily.

TRENDING THREADS