Which PSU should I use?

JackBlack

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014
I simply cannot make up my mind.

This is my current build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/psshmG

I'm planning to play games such as Planetside 2, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty series, Crysis Series, ArcheAge, WildStar, FarCry Series, Ghost Recon Phantoms and a few other games...

So, I will need good quality PSU.

These are the ones available in what I'm currently looking for.

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/power-supply/?compatible_with=corsair-case-air540#R=5,4,3&sort=d6&qq=1&p=1&e=5,4&W=630,750&m=52,14,71,39

Solution
Seasonic, higher end Corsair same with Antec and so on, basically it is the day price between several units that decides what is a good deal.

JackBlack

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014

Thanks guys!

Considering that you both told me the same PSU... Do you confirm that it's the best choice for my gaming rig? I want to make sure, hahah. I was suggested the EVGA 220-G2-0750-XR a lot in the past as well.

On the other hand, what do you think of my Test Build #3? There's also gonna be BenQ XL2420Z as my monitor.

It's my favorite one so far, even tho... I wish I could take the Maximus VI Formula... :( Such a high price but fits the looks of my memory cards so much, lol.

JackBlack

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014

I see... Thanks! What do you think of that build? It's my #3 test build but so far my favorite one and might end up getting that. :na:

I'm going for a black/red design... Later on I'll be buying custom red cables for a few components and LED lights...

All the fans will be changed for other ones but with those red circleish rings.

The aerocool DS fans , they look good
check out the bitfenix red/black extension cables they look awesome,
build looks good , not fan of the case but that's your call if you like it is all that matters , nothing wrong with it though
for a compact case check out the coolermaster hafxb evo

JackBlack

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014

I hate compact cases, hahah :no:

I love the looks of it as well as the easy cable management and the space inside of it. :pt1cable:

Yeah, I've seen a few black/red builds with those bitfenix cables but I'd rather get my build going first see how it goes then order black/red cables xD It's already a pain to learn each and every part and what does what... I'm not even 1 week in learning about this kind of stuff.

Build looks fine, the XFX is just a touch better than the EVGA which is cheaper and therefore for the current price the best choice.

JackBlack

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014

Haha, I thought it was the other way around but that's all good! I'm far from being ready to build my PC anyway, I have more than enough time to make changes xD :pt1cable:

JackBlack

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014

Hahah, I know!

That's not the biggest issue, the biggest issue is buying a quality and durable one, lol. Especially if it's your first time build you don't know the best ones on the market like some people do.