[SOLVED] Which PSU to choose...?

hpdra

Prominent
Feb 18, 2019
Hello guys!

Building a PC with used components i gathered (around 450w load), i'll need a new PSU on a very tight budget.

Is there anything that is kind of acceptable/worth it among these?

(price)
43.00 - Silverstone Essential Series 600W
43.40 - Corsair White VS550
44.65 - Thermaltake Smart RGB 600W
47.25 - Xilence Performance A+ 530W
49.76 - Aerocool KCAS plus 600W
51.81 - CoolerMaster MasterWatt Lite 600W
52.40 - Gigabyte G750H

Last edited:
Solution
Out of all of those the Corsair VS 550w is the best, but for a constant 450w load, it's pushing it at 550w. The Gigabyte is a halfway decent CWT based platform, nothing special, but pretty solid for what it is. Might be a better buy than the VS considering the load level.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Out of all of those the Corsair VS 550w is the best, but for a constant 450w load, it's pushing it at 550w. The Gigabyte is a halfway decent CWT based platform, nothing special, but pretty solid for what it is. Might be a better buy than the VS considering the load level.

Last edited:
Solution
It may or it may not.

CM masterwatt lite psus low end.
You want your psu (essentially the backbone of your pc) to be beefy. Not lite.

Depending on your hardware (You never actually stated is) you may have a good experience or a bad one.

Last edited:
That review was with the vs orange which is much, much, inferior to the vs grey. The VS oranges are truely horrible and known to fail insanely commonly. They use bottom tier "elite" branded capacitors, which is frightening. I legitimately have seen oem psus with much better components inside.

So the vs grey would have been my pick.

Last edited: