Which psu will I need to power my cpu without compromising on performance

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
Hi guys. I am going to purchase a new cpu and I have selected this one.

Lenovo Core i5 Tower 3rd Generation
Intel Core i5 3470 3.2Ghz Processor
16GB Ram
1TB Harddisk
Super Combo DVD ROM
Gigabyte GeForce gtx 1050ti OC

I am just going to play games. Which psu can power my rig? I AM GOING TO USE MY GPU ON OVERCLOCK MODE. And I don't want to compromise on performance so which psu will be the best. Thanks.

Solution

A good quality 400w would be good. However pre built pc's from places like Lenovo often use non standard connectors on the motherboard so its possible a new psu may not be possible. If you give us the exact model number of your psu we might be able to check.

Wolfshadw

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from taimoorbaig382 : "Can my psu power gigabyte gtx 1050ti on factory set OC mode?"

MERGED QUESTION
Question from taimoorbaig382 : "Can my psu power gigabyte gtx 1050ti on factory set OC mode?"

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
What if I upgrade my power supply to 400 watts. I am going to say again that I am going to use my graphic card on factory provided overclocked mode I have created many threads because no one was answering me sorry for any confusion and problem but please help me thanks in advance

A good quality 400w would be good. However pre built pc's from places like Lenovo often use non standard connectors on the motherboard so its possible a new psu may not be possible. If you give us the exact model number of your psu we might be able to check.

Solution