aLawLz187

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
Hey,
Ive had a ton of problems with my computer [power related for the most part] and im looking to get a new power supply. I have two in mind and i cant decide which one to get. The first one is an OCZ PowerStream 520watt and the second is a Thermaltake purepower 680watt. I'm also open to any ideas or suggestions... im looking to spend no more than 200 bucks on it... less is better [as always]

<A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=17-153-021&depa=0" target="_new"> Thermaltake </A>
<A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=17-104-152&depa=0" target="_new"> OCZ </A>

thanks a bunch
-lawler

A64 3500+ / K8N Neo2 Plat / BBA 9600pro / 2x512mb HyperX ddr500 / Audigy LS / Samsung 120gb

Wanna buy a Thermaltake XaserIII SuperTower Blk Edition w/ 420w psu UNOPENED, tell me.

RichPLS

Champion
I am in process of same issue, and the ThermalTake 680 is a better deal $ and better power output, and has 3 12v rails.

Mozzartusm recomended it to me, and after close review, he is right. But will be a few days before I order it.
That's cuz I am Richie Rich, not The Donald rich.... :)

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

aLawLz187

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
hah, i wish i had more money and i would buy one right now but ill have to wait another 3 weeks... bday :D cant wait for some steady power, yea and 3 12v rails does look nice
thanks
-lawler

A64 3500+ / K8N Neo2 Plat / BBA 9600pro / 2x512mb HyperX ddr500 / Audigy LS / Samsung 120gb

Wanna buy a Thermaltake XaserIII SuperTower Blk Edition w/ 420w psu UNOPENED, tell me.

RichPLS

Champion
I haven't, I am in the final stages of prep, you know, making sure I have enough cache...
Next check on the 15th, I will order...Total for PSU, controller, drives and cage will be a grand....

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>